Part 9

Asim was in his bed, he was thinking over his decision and deeds, he knew what he did was correct but he also knew that he cannot expect Shehnaaz to change all of a sudden, it will take time for her to come out of her shell but then he knew his buddy, he has totally realized that sid is head over heal in love with her and he will help her to come out of it. Today shehnaaz's harsh words for Sid made him feel little bad but then he remembered when Madhurima undergoes a bad day, or a bad argument she oozes her anger shouting at him, it shows her possessiveness love and faith on him, may be Sid was right and that's the reason she reacted harshly on Sid. Today he lost his family forever but then too he was happy that by saving shehnaaz, somewhere his Swami Om (father of Late Paras😝😜) kaka's soul will be happy and bless him.

 Here in Sid's room sleep was miles away from his eyes, he was twisting and tossing on his bed, he has seen her still limping, and suddenly he felt she may demand to stay alone but what about her heart, do she really wants to stay alone and is it right to live her alone at this moment of her inner war. He couldn't live her alone his heart was not agreeing sometime or the other he needed to talk with her, tell her that he knows everything about her, then why not just now?   He had a determination to make her believe that in every possible ways he will stand beside her. His legs carried him to the terrace but not before grabbing a bottle of water and her medicines.

Shehnaaz was standing in the terrace of the Shukla House lonely and alone. She was wondering about the last 24 hrs of her life, she was  confused about her feelings, she didn't knew she will celebrate her independence or she will regret the fact that she came to Mumbai, what is stored in her future she was unaware, she is miles away from her miserable life, her life's wheel has turned 360 degree, whatever happened was for her good but then Asim, he separated himself from his family just for her, Shehnaaz was feeling bad, a guilt conscious was disturbing her then she remembered Sid's words that Asim was never attached to his family, she felt there are many things which she is still unaware off, just when she remembered Sid's words her entire throat and tongue turned dry, she felt broken, hot tears were scorching down her cheeks, Shehnaaz was regretting her own words how could she say those hurt full words to him, how did even she dare to blame him and accuse him, when she admit or not her heart knew that his mere touch was something which made her feel so secured and protected, never did she feel such a feeling in her life before, closing her eyes she could feel his touch, the way he smiled, the way he fed her scolded her in the afternoon when she denied her due course of medicine, took her in his arms when she was not being able to walk, kept his hands on her waist pulled her in his chest, a smile appeared on her lips in between her tears when she remembered the way she was hugging him on his chest in her sleep and his protective arms around her, once again fresh tears appeared on her eyes and they strolled down her heart was screaming all she wanted to run in his arms and beg a sorry for her words, but then her brain reminded her that she is a widow, that her truth is unknown to him and when the curtain of her life will be removed his eyes which depicts his love and care will be filled with hatred and ignorance, her heart was aching she didn't knew where her destiny will take her and right know she was unable to bear the war going on inside her between her brain and her heart.

Her thought interrupted, her body shivered, voice choked but somewhere her muscles relaxed, when she felt a touch on her shoulder, she closed her eyes tried hard to relax her raised heart beats, she had no confusion with the warm hold on her shoulders, she exactly knew it was his, cause in her 18 years of life she never felt anybody's touch so soothing so protective, but immediately her mind questioned her why? Why is he here?

Before Shehnaaz could clarify her thoughts or may be once again be evolved in the war going inside her she felt herself turning, holding her right shoulder he made her turn, she obliged him by turning towards him, their eyes met, her eyes depicted pain, and sorrow, but when she looked at his dark orbs she could only see  care, and a calmness as if nothing has happened, her mouth didn'tspeak anything wrong, she was unable to understand, what was it? Is it Love that when one hurts the other, still the other show care and love and the one who have hurt feels the hurt himself / herself. Surprisingly when her mind was questioning all these she saw his heart winning smile, and then his husky manly voice.