Part 17

Sidharth hugged him and whispered in his years "Tu hi janta hai what your sister means to me and if she cries I will never be able to forgive myself."

The marriage proceedings went on for a hour and when panditjii asked for managal sutra they realized they didn't had any. Sidharth opened the gold chain he wears which he considers as a luck charm and tied it round Shehnaaz' necks

The priest too smiled, and ultimately filling her parted hair with dark red sindoor (vermillion) Shehnaaz became forever his eternally and legally

By the time the sun started rising, taking the marriage pics lawyer went away to do the need full and the four headed to their house. The journey was quiet except a bit of chatter patter done by Madhurima. Entering the Shukla Mansion old Kaka kept a pot filled with Rice and inverting it with her right leg she entered completing the "GRIHYA PRAVESH" in her husband's house.

Madhurima took Shehnaaz to Sidharth's room, helping her to put off her jewellery she made her sleep in that saree as she knew Shehnaaz needed some mental rest. Though throughout the time she tried her level best to keep the atmosphere tension free but she too knew they had to handle tough situation coming ahead and for that first Shehnaaz needs to be strong. Though legally matters were under control but standing in front of her own father going out of the prejudices which were inherited in her from a tender age and protesting was not so easy.

She sat beside her and as an elder sister ruffled her hair and then after the whole lot of event she said, "Shehnaaz whatever happened was destined to take place. There are things which we can't control. Mujhe nahii pata Shehnaaz tum bhaiyu ke liya kya feel kartii ho but all I can say is bhaiyu will never leave your hand in the path of life. Shehnaaz I was just 7 when my parents died in plane crash, bhaiyu was 10 but since then he has taken care of me like a mom and dad yet giving me brother's love. Shehnaaz girls always tried to be near him but he gave a damn care lekin the moment bhaiyu saw you I could see the longing and wanting in his eyes. Tumhara past bhaiyu ko koi effect nahi karta. Dekhna Shehnaaz (nodding her head in denial) nahii... Shehnaaz nahi.. Bhabhi but tum mujhse chotti bhi ho, so I prefer Shehnaaz Bhabhi, so Dekhna bhabhi bhaiyu aap ko bohot pyaar krenge, just give your relation a chance". They continued their small chitchat until sleep took over their eyes.

Later Morning 7.30 AM:

Madhurima was in the kitchen, instructing kaka about breakfast menu Shehnaaz was still sleeping as Madhurima decided to let her sleep after a stressful night and an eventful day was yet to begin. Asim was in the living reading newspaper trying hard to divert his attention from the upcoming event. Sidharth went to his room to change and take a fresh shower.

The moment he entered his lips curved into a beautiful smile. Shehnaaz was sleeping in his bed sorry their bed, draped in his mother's red saree, her hair open, and her sindoor shining red in her hair a bit more merged on her forehead. Her necklace was not there but his lucky charm chain was adoring her slim swan like neck, her wrist shining with the gold bangles, the gold jhumkas dangling in her ears everything was reflecting her newly married state was giving of the statement that she belongs to him.