4

That night she couldn't sleep again, even the unicorn – that had a hint of gasoline and smoke scent to it – had not helped. The information they gave her swam around in her head. The thought of them being able to kill her without a second thought made her shutter. Was that perhaps what Spy meant when he warned her? Sitting up she needed fresh air. She hadn't been outside all day. Putting her jacket and boots on she walked through the hall, where everyone else slept soundful, making it to the front door. It was not locked, they were mercenaries after all, what would they be afraid of? Walking out she was hit with fresh cool wind, breathing it in she smiled. The garage was closed so she walked to the right, heading for the cliff side. 

Reaching the cliff side, the camper van stood in the same place as when she first saw it. Standing far enough not to disturb anyone inside. Behind her was, like everything else in this rocky desert, nothing but desert. But the chill night air was refreshing, and she could hear coyotes in the distance. Looking up she hadn't seen such a clear sky since she was a little girl. Her parents had taken her camping one year, she loved every bit of it. She remembers vividly how her father had warned her not to slip on the wet rocks when crossing the creek but ended up doing it himself. Smiling at her memories she had not heard the person behind her. 

Stepping in beside her they spoke, "What are you doin' up so layete, sheila?" Jumping at the sudden voice and stepping to the side she glared at the sharpshooter beside her. Looking at her from the side of his eye, she wore the same pjs as that morning. "I could ask you the same." Looking him up and down he also wore the same clothes, only two things were missing: his vest, gloves and glasses. Relaxing slightly, she looked in the distance, breathing slowly. "Kah-nt sleep?" Side eyeing him skeptically she answered. "Something like that." She wanted to ask him his name but was too scared he might act like that morning and just storm off or worst, he would lose his temper with her whiles they were alone. She wanted him to warm up to her, she just had to play it safe. Ask the simple questions first?

"Why don't you trust me?" Yes! That was a simple question, well done! "Oi never said Oi didn't." He answered curtly. "Well, your actions towards me say otherwise." Scoffing lightly, he fully turned his body to her, making her tens up. "Did that spook tell you somethin'?" The only people who knew he didn't trust her was Engineer, Soldier and Spy. And Spy was the most likely one of the bunch to have done it, and her eyes gave him his answer. "Of course, he did." Looking away into the distance he felt infuriated. Yes, he did not trust her, but he at least didn't want her to know.

Spy always wanted to look like the "good" person in a situation, always thinking of himself. That's one of the reasons Sniper preferred being alone. "Is it true though? Do you think I'm some sort of enemy?" Her soft but stern voice broke him out of his thoughts. Looking at her again she had an almost hurt expression. Sighing he wanted to say something but knew he wouldn't sound friendly because he was slightly fuming. This made her slightly angry, but instead of making more conflict – and knowing he can kill her – she wanted to leave.

"Fine cowboy, have it your way." She said it a little too aggressively and for some odd reason that made him snap. He needed answers and waiting for her to warm up wasn't working. About to leave he grabbed her left wrist, intentionally, and pulled her closer. Making her gasp and tens up, pulling herself closer to her arm and creating a fist. Terrified. "Oi ain't no cowboy, sheila!" He sneered at her. She flinched and retorted. "And I'm not your enemy!" That took him off guard slightly making him frown. Thinking that's probably what she wants him to believe but he also felt maybe he was wrong. 

Looking into his fiery filled icy eyes her hazel-green ones were filled with fear and were traced with tears. His breath smelled of coffee and cigarettes, and to him she had a scent of something sweet. Thinking quickly, he glanced at her arm she followed, swallowing thickly. "What happened to your arm?" With a shaky breath she answered. "I burnt it before coming here." With a breathy chuckle he raised her arm knowing that she was lying. "Yea, r-eye. When you stop lyin' maybe Oi'll start trustin' you." "I haven't lied until now" Frowning once more he looked between her teary filled eyes, he only saw truth to her statement and fear radiating off of her. "Let me go. Please..." Taking a shaky breath she watched him intently. Letting her go she held her arm to her chest and retreated to her room. Leaving a puzzled look on the Aussie cowboy's face.