11

Panic fuelled her as the water pushed her down. She didn't know what to panic about the most; her own safety or Sniper's. She struggled to keep her head above the water as the water rushed over her. Grabbed by the side she wanted to scream but water filled her mouth, and she was pulled up and to the side. Laying on solid ground she coughed out a bit of water she had swallowed. Hearing deep breaths beside her she looked to her left and saw Sniper laying on his back with his arms open to the side.

Quickly getting up from his position she turned around on her back and sat up. Looking behind her she saw how he took off his vest and shirt, standing in his tank. Shocked at his action she quickly stood up herself, protesting against what he was doing. "What are you doing?!" Turning his head towards her, he did not stop removing his tank and gloves, she hugged herself as she began getting cold. "Temperatures can quickly go below 10°C (40°F) down here in the canyon. If that happens our cold wet clothes will stick to our skin and then we won't be able to remove them, ever." With wide eyes she still hugged herself, watching him carefully.

She didn't quite believe him, but she has never seen him that stressed or rather hurried. The moon was bright enough to light the cave but made it hard to see, but she preferred it because Sniper couldn't see her then. Slowly removing her shirt, she felt very shy and dumb. Frowning at the shirtless and about to be pants less man she spoke somewhat softly and turned her head away from him. "I think you just want to see me without my clothes." "If that was the case Oi would have done it in a much better setting and it would have been much easier." With slight wide eyes she has never seen him act like that. At that moment he was much more direct, it was strange and slightly scary as she knew he was not joking.

Gathering sticks and driftwood Sniper threw it in the middle of the overhang/ cave structure. Kneeling next to it he pulled something out of his pants pocket that was not far – probably a lighter or waterproof matches – and began lighting it. As the flames came to life his face lit up but not just from the light it omitted. Sitting beside the fire Emma could see him better and she could see he had a six pack. She has only seen his built arms but never his body, and now that he only sat in his briefs it made it much harder to remove her clothes.

Walking closer she took a few sticks and made a makeshift stand to put their clothes on, to set next to the fire, to dry them easier. Sitting next to him on the pebbled ground, but not to close, near the fire she hugged her legs blocking his few of her matching dark blue under garments. Watching the flames dance on the wood she thought about the man's words. How did he know dad? It was mind boggling she wanted to know how he knew her father. But she was also afraid her father knew them and had done bad things. What happened that day? Holding her left arm the memories came flowing back. She wanted to forget them more than she wanted to forget the dead eyes that stared into her soul.

Disturbed out of her thoughts as Sniper tried using his communicator it did not work as the water had fried it. Throwing it to the side he knew their team would find them, eventually, and threw more wood onto the fire. Glancing at him who sat to her left, he leaned back on his hands staring blankly at the flames. Mundy knew very well Emma was thinking about what happened. He personally also thought about it but didn't want to pry or push her. He knew she would tell him, she just needed to figure it out herself.

As he leaned back Emma noticed a Y-shaped scar on his abdomen, frowning. It was as if he went through an autopsy, but you are dead when they perform that specific operation, but he is alive? As he breathed in and out his abs flexed, prying her eyes off of him she looked back into the flames, but her curiosity got the better of her. "What happened?" Pointing to his chest he followed her finger. Scoffing lightly, she still hugged her legs and kept her eyes up. "About a year ago, maybe a few months, Oi died." Shocked at his words she slightly turned to him, interested in his "death". Side eyeing her he sat up right and leaned his elbows on his now folded legs. Telling her the short version of the adventure the RED team had last year. She just sat and listened with pure interest. "Oi don't remember much of my death but Oi saw my parents." With a soft smile on his lips as he remembered the encounter, Emma smiled at his expression. "Oi was then met with the face of Medic, who at that point Oi wanted to kill, but he saved me, and we defeated the BLU team." Chuckling lightly Emma giggled at him, looking down at her arm. "My scar seems so pathetic compered to yours now." Holding her arm up Sniper glanced at it. "May Oi?" Holding his hand out to her she sighed softly and sat closer giving her arm to him.