6

The next morning, she woke up with a headache, but it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Touching her lips, she remembered the kiss, but a surge of regret and worry flowed through her. She also couldn't remember anything after that. She remembered dancing at one point and asking someone to dance but she couldn't remember who. Going to the showers first she then went to the kitchen, finding Sniper standing in his usual spot. She felt a bit shyer than usual, and Sniper wondered if she remembered anything.

Later that morning, when everyone else was awake, Miss Pauling had arrived. "I have some news." Everyone listened, especially Emma. "Welcome to the RED team, Miss Shallow." Everyone cheered, and Emma was slightly shocked that she got in. She only hugged Pauling, apologizing just as quickly. "Sorry, that wasn't very professional of me." "Don't worry. These guys are far from professional anyways." Smiling she realised that now she needed to be trained. "I'm very happy that I got in but who will be training me?" "Well, we know you can fight hand-to-hand, but Spy will teach you how to fight properly. Sniper will teach you to shoot again. And the rest of the training will come naturally in due time."

Nodding she looked at the two who would be training her. Spy seemed alright with the agreement, but she couldn't tell with Sniper. She was looking forward to it but felt very nervous. "When do we start?" "Tomorrow!" Frowning slightly, she was not ready for that. "The Administrator wants you in the field as soon as possible. They will evaluate your progress and report back when I return. I will also have your code name by then." "Ok and thank you." Nodding to her Emma pulled her away slightly, "I just don't want to be cloned... or kill anyone." Frowning slightly Pauling took out a note pad and wrote on it. "Ok, I can work with the not killing part but, um... just don't get killed, I guess?" A surge of fear flowed through her, nodding at everyone around them Pauling left shouting back, "Oh, and your welcome!" Leaving Emma in shock.

That day Emma only prepared for the next day. She didn't want to disappoint anyone and if her father was there, he would say: It is better to be over prepared than under prepared. Getting everything out that she thought she would need (which in reality was very little). Comfortable clothes to move in easily and a small medical kit just in case something went wrong.

~~~~~~

The next day she met Sniper in the kitchen, did their usual routine, but it was the first time one of them spoke and it was Sniper. "Get ready, we're leavin' in a few minutes." Frowning slightly, she wanted to ask why but knew it probably had something to do with the training. Finishing her coffee she walked to her room, "Remember to wear somethin' comfortable." He called as she left. Deciding that cargo pants, converse and a light top would work, tying her hair back in a messy bun. Looking for her scarf she couldn't find it. Franticly looking under the bed, in her bed and everywhere else she couldn't find it. Deciding that she shouldn't keep Sniper waiting and look for it when she came back.

Back in the main area Sniper stood waiting by the front door opening it for her and walking to his van. Getting in the passenger side she saw a bobble head man next to an ashtray on the dashboard, behind her were posters and a window to look in the back – although she couldn't see through it. Starting the engine he reversed slightly, turned right and drove into the desert heading for the sunrise.

Driving for about 30 minutes in silence Emma saw nothing but empty rocky desert with very little dry shrubbery. She wanted to create conversation but didn't know what to talk about. She had spent so much time with him but never have they shared words with one another. The only time they spoke was the second night, that didn't quite end well, and when they played poker - she doesn't even remember the end of the night. The only thing she knows about him was his name, age, accent and that he likes coffee. Other than that, she doesn't know his other likes or dislikes or if he had warmed up to her or even trusted her.