5

The morning after that was... lonely. She didn't really want to admit it, but she was sad Sniper wasn't there. Her training would only start by next month, if the Administrator allowed her. So, for the time being she had to get use to drinking coffee completely alone because everyone was out the building by zero five hundred hours, as Soldier would say.

She had made herself useful and helped with a few things in the meantime. The team was warming up to her slowly but surely. She had also cleaned the kitchen and main room, finding weird things like teeth laying around. She had also cleaned her room properly and unpacked her duffle bag, finally moving into the room. She also cooked at night when everyone came back, Engineer was very grateful for her help. It all seemed like easy jobs, but the cleaning took a day each to do, and with the constant foot traffic in the main area it made it much harder.

However, there was a day in particular that made her blood run cold. She was busy cleaning out her room, she was supposed to be alone in the base but heard muffled scratching noises and low voices ever so often. Trying to figure out what the noise was, it drove her crazy, deciding it would be best to just go and check. Tracking the noise to the hall where the infirmary and interrogation rooms were.

Walking around the bend she saw a trail of crimson leading to the two flappy black doors. Her breathing became unsteady, and her eyes became teary. The smell was unbearable, and she heard boots walk towards her with haste. Quickly making her way back down the hall to the main area. Glancing down the hall Medic came around the bend, carrying a body over his shoulder. She gasped instinctively, covering her mouth scared he would notice her presence. Whose body, was it? She didn't have time to see if the person- corpse was wearing a blue shirt or red one. Walking back to her room she placed the red scarf around her neck and hugged the unicorn hoping they would bring her comfort, wiping away stray tears. You're safe.

Few days later she had calmed down but was left being more bored than she was in her collage classes. She had caught up on a few books her "friends" had recommended. Some were good and others were just a cry for help or telling her to run from them as far as possible. One Saturday morning she had heard the guys were off until Monday, so she wanted to surprise them with a delicious, prepared breakfast.

Waking up at five, getting dressed and going to the kitchen. She heard soft snores echoing through the hall, telling her everyone was sound asleep. She only hoped Sniper wasn't up and would sleep in like everyone else. The kitchen was empty, and it was past five, he was not coming. Good.

Taking out everything she needed for at least 4 different types of pancakes with bacon and any topping they wanted, there was also a radio in the kitchen. It was the perfect combination for something beautiful. In the radio was a CD with the top hits of the 60's and Elvis Presley was on that list. Switching it on and putting it slightly louder to fill the room with a country rock song first. Swaying her hips, moving her hands to the beat, humming and whispering the lyrics to herself she enjoyed every minute of it. Turning around to complete a dance move she stopped completely, frozen by the person in the doorway.

Sniper had stood there for a while – smiling at her unknowingly – leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. It was the first time he had seen her completely out of her comfort zone, and he didn't want to ruin it. He hasn't seen her in a couple of days and slightly to his surprise, he had missed her, and seeing her like this only made it all the better.

Standing with the spatula/mic in hand her face burnt with embarrassment, and she felt very shy all of a sudden. How long has he been standing there? She could not read his facial expression because of those damn sunglasses. Losing the smile, she had before while dancing she asked, "What?" Unfolding his arms, he pushed himself off the door frame, not faltering to look at her, walking closer. Her face instantly turned to worry, making him stop in his tracks a few feet from her. Frowning he saw the error in his ways. He hasn't been all that kind to her and standing in a door frame watching her and then approaching her menacingly wouldn't make him relax either. 'Oi won't hurt you again, sheila.' She relaxed slightly as a soft expression appeared on his face.