Five

I was paranoid the rest of the day. I anxiously waited hopelessly to get possessed by this demon chick from another world. Eddie watched me like a hawk which got annoying really fast. It seemed pointless for him to watch over me if there was nothing I could do to stop it. I never wanted a goddamn tape so bad. Never in my life did I think Queens would save me from satan. Of course Vecna's not satan but—he's worse and he's actually coming for me.

"Jade." I heard Eddie call. I shot my head up.

"You okay? You've been staring at nothing for like ten minutes."

"I don't know Eddie. A demon made of flesh vines is coming to kill me. You tell me."

"Enough with the attitude. If we're gonna be stuck together I don't want you bickering with me all the time."

"What attitude?" I say without emotion.

Eddie gets up and leaves the boathouse. I sat in silence, confused. Did he just... leave? After about five minutes he came back with a glass of water. I denied it and he didn't say anything but I knew he was pissed.

Suddenly we heard a car outside. Multiple doors opened and closed. We both jumped up and looked out the window. Jason and his crew were out looking for Eddie. They looked like they just came from a funeral.

"Shit." I whispered.

Eddie ran to the walkie talkie and tried to notify Dustin or anyone but they weren't replying.

"Hey." I called. Eddie stayed trying to get someone on the walkie. "Hey! The boat."

Eddie quickly ran to the boat and started untying it and taking stuff out of it.

"Are you gonna help out or just stand there and gawk?"

"You were the one gaw-." I rolled my eyes started to untie the boat with him. Soon we were in the water but I couldn't get the engine started.

"How long is that engine gonna take Miller!"

"You try doing this!" I slammed my hand down onto the boat in frustration. Eddie sighed behind me. I didn't have any trust in the boat, it rocked like crazy.

"Hey freaks!" We heard from the boathouse. Jason walked toward us with a few of his guys. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Jade. Jaden Miller I'm gonna need you to start that engine sweetheart or else this is not going to end well." Eddie laid a hand on my shouder and spoke into my ear.

"Well maybe you should start paddling so that were not right on the shore!"

Jason started taking his blazer off and got into the water, soon joined by his friends.

"C'mon Jade!" Eddie yelled. "I really need you to start this thing man!"

"Shut up!" I snapped. "God, this piece of shit!" I kicked the engine in frustration but it still didn't budge. "Eddie, paddle." He sat there staring at me. "EDDIE!"

"Yeah, okay okay." He quickly picked up an oar and started paddling and I joined him.

It didn't take long for Jason to reach us. He was right under us before he stopped for a sec. Eddie got up and swung his oar around like a maniac.

"Hey, stay back man! Stay back!" He swung it back and forth but Jason stayed where he was.

"Eddie stop! You're rocking the boat!" I yelled at him in a panic.

"Hey, c'mon we almost have him!" Jason yelled at his friend. He seemed to be looking at something.

"Hey, Patrick! Patrick!"