Eight

"Okay, I definitely don't want to do that again." Robin sighed in relief.

"Are you okay? A-are you hurt?" Eddie cupped my face in his hands, wiping my tears.

"No. Just the same wounds from before." I sniffled.

Suddenly we all heard Steve calling from downstairs. He was yelling Dustin's name. We all ran down and found Steve yelling at nobody.

"Maybe h-he really does have rabies." Robin whispered.

"Steve what are you doing?" Nancy furrowed her brows.

Steve aggressively pointed his flashlight at us making us throw our hands over our eyes. "He's here. Henderson. That little shit, he's here he's like.. he's in the walls or something. Just listen." He pauses for a little, panting before calling for Dustin again.

An echoed version of Dustin's voice came from around us. "That brings us to the question you first raised."

I looked around with my face puzzled, not seeing anyone but us in the house. We all joined Steve and called out for Dustin but he didn't seem to hear us.

"All right, either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag." Steve interrupted.

"Will found a way."

"What?"

"Will. He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights." Nancy hurried over to a lamp and turned it on but it didn't work. At least for us.

"What about the switch? Try the switch." Steve turned around and aimed his light at the ceiling light. "Guys. You seeing this?"

The light was glowing faintly and had some sort of glimmer around it. The Upside Down had particles flying everywhere but this light was different. It was like glitter. We all walked up under it to get a better look. Nancy reached for the light and the particles glowed around her fingers. She swirled them around, playing with it. The rest of us joined and reached for it.

"It.. tickles." Steve says quietly.

"It.. kinda feels good." Robin adds.

Eddie and I make eye contact, both of us with a smile on our face.

"Does anyone know Morse code?" Nancy asked.

"No." We say in unison.

"Wait, does SOS count?" Eddie corrected. "Is that... is that good?"

"Yeah. It does. It is." Nancy explained her plan and Eddie was in charge of signalling SOS on the lights.

I walked away before he stopped me. "Hey. No. Stay here. I want you here if you get another vision."

"You think I'm gonna have another vision?"

"Just in case. Don't be stubborn with me right now... please." He didn't wait for a reply but started poking the particles around the light, sending a signal. I walked up next to him, placing my hand on his shoulder for support.

"It's working." I say after a little.

After a few minutes, Dustin caught on and told us to go to Nancy's room. We waited beside her bed anxiously. We all swore under our breath impatiently.

"Okay, you guys seeing this?" The echoed voice came again.

Nancy reached out in front of her and the particles were back. They were the same as the ones in the hall. We heard a laugh from Dustin and Erica, signaling that Dustin's plan worked. A smile spread across my face.

"Uh were not moving it but were gonna unplug it. Stand by." There was a pause before Dustin spoke again. "Okay, try it now."

I reached out my hand and wrote out HI. I could hear Dustin laughing and saying hi back.