Seven

We walked into Nancy's house that was full of vines and dust. The door creaked behind us.

"Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin ironized.

"C'mon, I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." Nancy rushed up the stairs into her room.

"Stairs. Fun." I giggled nervously. I held the banister for support but Eddie scooped me up, carrying me to the top. I was frozen in shock but didn't say anything.

Nancy took a shoe box from her closet and opened it, only to find actual shoes.

"Those aren't guns." Eddie pointed at the heels.

"These heels are a bit pointy but I was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile."

"I-I don't understand."

"Maybe you left them somewhere else." I sighed before walking to sit on Wheeler's bed.

I got lost in my thoughts and the voices in the room were muffled out. Until I heard different voices. I looked up and saw my mom pointing and yelling at me. I couldn't hear what she was saying but it echoed through the room. This was my second vision. I didn't know how long I had until I was dead. It could be right now.

Eddie

Nancy walked around trying to look for things. When I turned around I noticed Jade sitting on the bed with her eyes rolled back. Just how she looked in that kitchen where her first vision was.

"Um— Guys?" I muttered in fear. "Guys!" They all turned to me and then to Jade.

"Shit. Shit shit shit." Nancy tried to wake her but Jade didn't move.

"Music. Where's the tape?" Robin looked around frantically. She reached into the pockets of Jades jeans and pulled out Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

"No. It's soaked. Probably no good." I pointed out.

"You're right. I think I have Bohemian Rhapsody. I gave Max that tape last year. If were three years back it should be here." Nancy rummaged through her drawers and finally came back with a walkman and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Jade

I didn't want to hear my mom yelling at me if these were my last moments. I ran out of the house. Goosebumps passed over me and I yelled for help.

"Eddie! Nancy! Steve!"

"They're no good to you now, Jade." A low distorted voice spoke. I looked around but saw no one. Then someone came from the side of fhe house. He was made of flesh, vines. Vecna.

I turned and ran and ran. I didn't know where, I just ran. In the distance I saw red. It was bright red and full of things. I ran there instinctively only to find myself lost.

"EDDIE! ROBIN! ANYBODY!"

"They won't help you. You can't run." Slow footsteps came from behind me. "You're stuck. You're a freak. Who would want to help you Jaden?"

Suddenly I was pulled back by something around my ankle. I was pulled up against something like a pillar. Vines wrapped around my wrists, ankles, and neck. Vecna stood in front of me.

"This is where you belong now, Jaden. With me."

I looked at Vecna in fear. In fear of him. Of my last seconds. His long slin fingers were inches from my face. Just as my hope was slipping, I saw a light far behind Vecna. It was like an opening. It revealed Nancy's room with everyone surrounding me. Faintly, I heard the song.

Mama, life had just begun. But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

I looked Vecna in his dark creepy eyes and bit his hand. All the vines retracted and I sprinted. Sprinted for my life. For my friends that I've made.

Mama, ooh, didn't mean to make you cry. If im not back again this time tomorrow, carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

My legs started to ache and things fell all around me, crushing into pieces. I dodged them and ran into the light. Ignoring the pain, the guilt, the trauma.

Too late, my time has come. Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time.

The yells from my friends got louder. I pushed through and ran faster. Even if my body hurt, I had no choice. It was my chance and I had to take it. I thought of all the people who have cared for me and helped me this past week. How they were the first people to care about me.

Goodbye, everybody. I've got to go. Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.

There was only a little distance left. I felt my body and legs giving up. Things continued to fall and smash around me. My legs gave up and I suddenly fell.

Mama, ooh, I don't wanna die. I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.

I got up, stumbling. In the light, it showed me floating over Nancy's bed. Was I really gonna die? With my legs numb and my body aching, I reached the light.

I was snapped out of my head and I suddenly fell onto the bed. I panted and panted. Eddie immediately held me and I leaned back on him. Too weak to do anything. I was still in the upside down. Everything dark. I found myself sobbing. Sobbing in fear. Relief. Gratitude. I didn't know. What I did know was that I was definitely alive.

I was alive.

————————————————————————

first a/n here hello if youve made it this far into the fic thank u for reading i know this chapter is shorter than the others. i hope the fic is good and isn't too rushed but ive been binge writing for two days so believe it or not these chapters were written all in 2 days starting on June 2nd 2022. I wanted to publish them spreaded out so that i could take time if i wanted to add or take out any details. but for now thank u so much for reading and i hope you like it so far!

-L🤍