Twelve

*not edited yet

We shuffled through the bushes and trees in the woods, on our way to Eddie's. To no one's surprise, the gate and our rope contraption was still there. Steve wasted no time climbing over. One he made it to the other side he looked back up at us, sending a weird look.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin mocked.

I stood with my arms crossed and my head leaning on Eddie's shoulder as we all waited for Steve to bring over a mattress as a landing pad. Thoughts raced through my head. A few days ago, I was in school doing normal everyday shit and now I'm at Eddie the Freak Munson's place getting ready to fight some flesh eating bats—in another dimension?

We all shot our heads up when we heard the thud of the mattress. "All right, let's go." Steve panted.

Robin helped Nancy over and once she made it, we threw all our weapons over. I went through next, then Eddie, Robin, and Dustin. We all walked out of the trailer, Dustin, Eddie and I watching as Steve, Nancy and Robin split up from us.

Steve suddenly turned around to face the three of us. "Hey, guys. Listen. If things here start to go south, I mean—at all— you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just-"

"Decoys." Dustin interrupted. "Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve."

"Absolutely. I mean—look at us. We are not heros." Eddie chuckled and Steve started to walk away. "Hey, Steve?" He took a few steps forward, awkwardly hesitating. "Make him pay."

~~~

The three of us ran around, tearing down fences, metal scraps, and anything else we could use to barricade the windows of the trailer. We worked in silence, the only thing we could hear was the sound of drills whirring and metal clanging.

I hadn't spoken ever since we got in the car and left to drop off Max, Lucas and Erica, nor did I even crack a smile. But I didn't notice. And neither did anyone else. We all were too stressed and focused to give a shit about anyone but Vecna and ourselves.

After a lot of blisters and sore arms, we stood back and eyed how the trailer looked.

"Not bad." Eddie smiled.

"Not bad at all." Dustin replied.

Eddie looked over at Dustin and I, grinning."Now for the fun part."

We hurried into Eddie's room, pausing immediately after we made it through the door.

Eddie stuttered in shock staring at his guitar that was hung up. "It's like.. shs was destined for an alternate dimension." He slowly approached it. "What do you say guys? Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?"

"That a rhetorical question?"

"Let's do it."

~~~

The roof of Eddie's trailer was cold and silent as we waited for the signal. After a while, the walkie clicked and Robin gave it.

"Copy that. Initiating phase three." Dustin clicked back. "Let's hope they hear this."

I plugged in and twisted a few things, sending feedback through the air. When I looked at Eddie, he had a hesitant look on his face. I sent him my first smile in the past 2 hours, hoping to encourage him a little.

"Chrissy, this is for you." He ripped off his necklace and started strumming.

I stood picking at my fingers and biting my lip anxiously. My gaze stayed on Eddie the whole time he played. Dustin rocked out next to me but I couldn't help but think of all the negative outcomes.

"Eddie! We gotta lock down in T-minus 30 seconds!" Dustin yelled over the strings.

My breathing hitched more and more the longer we stayed there as Dustin sent alerts every few seconds.

Eddie finished up the rest of his solo and by now, the bats were less than half a mile away from us. We hurried down the roof and back inside. The three of us stood and panted as Dustin praised Eddie. They jumped up and down and I stayed leaning on the wall, panting. I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or hop up and down with them.

The two settled down, their gaze peering over to me. "Hey. Jade. You okay?" Eddie put a hand on my shoulder, not taking his eyes off of me. I nodded but he didn't buy it. He pulled me into his chest, cradling the back of my head. "It's alright. You're okay. This will work out and we'll have that date."

I smiled into his chest and felt felt Dustin wrap his arms around us. I reached over to him, rubbing his back.

~~~

We all stood with our backs together, holding up our sheilds and spears. All that we could hear was the crashing of the bats and screeching until it suddenly died.

"Hey dipshits! Gave up that easy huh!?" Dustin screamed.

Eddie quickly shushed him. "That really necessary?"

A few moments of silence passed and we could hear thudding on the roof.

"Theyre on the roof." Eddie spoke quietly.

Dustin swore under his breath and we slowly made our way over to a small vent in the ceiling. "They can't get in through there, can they?"

The creaking stopped and suddenly a loud crash came and the vent was open, revealing a bat. We all jumped and screamed, even me. In an instant, we were yelling and stabbing through the vent. My head was pouding, my ears were ringing. Suddenly I felt a hand on my arm and snapped back. Dustin was pulling me back away from the vent. Eddie quickly stuck his shield into the ceiling and covered the vent. We all panted a little more.

"Are there anymore vents?"

Eddie froze at Dustin's words. "Shit."

Dustin and I followed Eddie through the trailer into his room but as soon as we entered, a swarm of bats shot at us. We all stumbled back into the living room. My heart was racing. All the negative outcomes were slowly coming true.

"That's not gonna hold!" Dustin panicked.

"Let's go!" Eddie yelled back.

Dustin quickly made it over and Eddie followed, but not all the way. He hopped back down from the rope, glancing at his bedroom door. I felt panic slowly creep up on me. My stomach crawled with fear.

He walked over to me, placing a harsh kiss on my lips before pulling me into a hug. I almost couldn't breathe. Half because of Eddie's grip and half because of the panic in me. I knew how this would end and I couldn't let it.

"Jade. Go." He started picking up his things.

All I could do was furrow my eyebrows.

"Jade you need to go!"

"No."
—————————————————————————

sorry for not feeding yall i lost motivation but since ygs are still reading i will finish the last chapter rn!! its midnight for me rn so im probably gonna end up sobbing again in my bed at 1 am bcs of..

anyways thank you for all the reads and votes! i love you all!

-L🤍