Chapter 17 The Star Sans's New Plan!

When people think of the word dream, normally it's that of a story your mind has made up. Creating odd scenarios for you to experience, dreams were often good and sometimes even forgotten after waking up.

But if you asked anyone in any of the undertale au's besides the main one, as well as certain timelines after all time was complicated, who dream was they'd tell you he was a star sans. Always wanting to do good and help those who can't help themselves. Just because he wanted to help not for any prize.

Dream was a good feeling personified and no one really takes the time to quite realize how he is as a person, because they're so hung up on his brother nightmare. They were the sun and moon. For once though dream wasn't having to clean up a mess from nightmare or save another innocent soul from his brother's cruel clutches.

Error was normally ink's problem, and the fact that ink couldn't even touch him this time around was troubling. What's more troubling was his other friend's involvement. If CORE Frisk has talked to you then there's something really bad lurking around the corner and Dream didn't want you to be involved if it could be helped.

His mind was wandering, unable to stay focused as he came back to underswap feeling as if he was choking under the negativity in the air. He had to measure his words carefully or nightmare may notice the intensity of the negativity in this timeline.

"DREAM!! YOU'RE BACK!!" Blue was the first to greet dream, excited and radiating positive energy lunging for a hug from the valiant prince who's just trying his best. Dream laughed a little and returned the hug before parting ways seeing papyrus leaning against the door frame with crossed arms and a pointed gaze.

What's that look for?

Dream scrunched up his face a bit disliking the negativity radiating off papyrus, but he guessed he didn't blame him especially with how ink behaved earlier. Papyrus didn't say anything and parted from the doorway letting dream walk inside to see ink doodling with chara on the floor. The two of them laying down and kicking their legs. (Only difference was ink was smiling and resting his chin in one hand and chara was fully focused on what ever they were drawing.)

Well at least it was a good distraction for chara. The kid's been through enough. Dream didn't even need to say a word to catch inks attention. The colorful eyed skeleton looked up and grinned at his friend before waving.

"You should see what we're drawing!" Ink hummed and by this point chara had lifted their head to see dream. Their red eyes widened before looking disappointed. After all no (Y/N).

"I'm glad to see you two trying to make the most of the situation but," dream paused shifting on his feet, "I think we have more of a situation than we originally thought."

"What do you mean? What's wrong? Is my sister okay?" Chara sat up now signing hurriedly with tears wielding in their eyes. Dream had to ignore the pain in his chest. He felt weak, but he knew it was because he was surrounding himself with sad emotions. He forced a smile.

"She seems fine, lucky for us error has been treating her okay, it's just something else." Dream looked at ink hoping he'd take the hint, all ink did was stare at him.

Dream motioned with his eyes that he wanted to talk privately and at this point ink was sitting up cross legged holding on to his ankles with a confused smile.

Ugh ink come on.

Dream wanted to shake his head at his friend's obliviousness. Ink just continued to stare with a confused smile and shrug still not getting it.

"Can we talk some where private ink?" Dream finally had to spell it out, and ink just widened his eyes and hopped right up.

"Oh yeah! Sure." Ink laughed a little stretching as he did so looking at blue who seemed like he was debating about something.