Chapter 4 Captive

You thought maybe this was the end, how you'd meet your cruel unfortunate fate at last, you've been anticipating it for so long. But you've been hanging up with these strings for a while now. If this is what being kidnapped was really like people really over sold it.

The, still unknown, monster kept bragging about how now that he had you he could end that stupid "ink" once and for all. You were honestly getting quite bored, you don't even know the guy he's talking about.

"You know you're a good listener, if I wasn't using you for bait I may just keep you around." The skeleton laughed from below you as you still struggled in the strings captive grasps. Though you knew it was useless that didn't deny the desperation of still wanting to be free. Giving up after a while you sighed allowing your self to hang there for a moment. Then you decided you may as well speak.

"Who's this "ink" guy? He sounds familiar." You peered curiously down at your captor finding he stopped his pacing to turn sharply at you.

"You shouldn't interrupt me when I'm talking," he began his voice dangerously low, "but since you've been a good listener I'll answer your question."

You let out a breath you didn't know you had been holding at his tone change. Relaxing a bit the realization dawned over you that he really could just kill you any second. Well you knew that already, but when you're held captive with some one who won't stop talking for a while it's hard to come face to face with death even as if knocks at your door.

"He's the "creator" of all your worlds. Those disgusting au's." The monster seemed to grow increasingly more agitated at the idea of this ink guy. But that doesn't sound right, the creator? Well everyone believes what they want, still it's a little weird for someone to call their "creator" ink.

You paused in thought, musing over the information that had just been given to you to carefully ask your next question.

"Why do you want to hurt him?" You struggled in the strings a bit trying once more in vain to be free, though it was unsuccessful like the last few dozen times. You slumped again, only to gasp when they suddenly lowered you from the wall. (Ceiling?) Only to now be dangling close to this monster, but a good distance where he couldn't touch you. Not that he'd want to. (He hates touch. Dreads to even think about it.)

"Why do I want to hurt him?" The monster laughed, echoing back the question you asked him almost as if you had just told him the funniest joke.

"I'm being serious!" You gasped squirming in the strings grasp.

"You want to hurt him, why not just take my soul already? If he supposedly "knows" I'm here he doesn't know if I'm alive or not." You weren't sure why you were giving this guy advice but you thought you may as well talk some. It's kinda getting boring in here and the white noise is enough to drive you through the walls. The monster seemed to think about what you said and then nodded slowly then he laughed again, great more laughing.

"You humans, it's all about how important your souls are." He was waving you off as if you were nothing.

"Your soul doesn't mean anything to me. You're just bait I can use and then get rid of later." The monster dismissed you off handedly and you sighed, well at least your feet could barely touch the ground now rather than being so high up from it. You felt like a doll. Or maybe like a used puppet waiting to be picked up again. You shuddered in fear at the thought of being someone else's puppet.

"Well if I'm going to die, can I at least know your name?" You thought maybe talking could do some good, he seemed to like talking about himself which you don't care for but it was just something to do. Who knew being held captive would be so boring. But you weren't being nice because you liked him. He's kinda starting to get on your nerves. But you were following Chara's example. Show mercy towards those who need it most.