1. In your dreams

"Last day of school." I said looking at my friend Steve, he has seemed off lately, "Hey?" I said and he looked at me while driving to school

"Sorry, just been thinking." He said, probably about Nancy, you can tell he misses her, "Do you mind catching a ride home with someone else? I have to talk to the school with my dad."

He seemed sad about that, probably his grades, he never got accepted into any colleges, which I feel bad about, he tried getting tutored but I don't know, he's been distracted ever since.. last year, Demodogs, just thinking about them made me shiver.

~~~~~ lunch

I was outside by myself looking over everything to make sure I had everything turned in. I heard some boys yelling behind me, probably the hellfire club, what a bunch of freaks. Ever since I moved here Eddie Munson has ruined everything for me, I talked to him the first few weeks of school and now I'll never live it down, even being best friends with Steve won't fix that I talked to Eddie forever years ago. Wonder if Eddie is graduating this year or not. Probably not.

"Hello, darling." Eddie sat beside me and said with a smirk, "haven't talked to you in forever."

I got up and packed all my stuff up, "There's a reason for that." I said and started walking away, his friends oooo-ing and awww-ing like kids.

~~~~

"Steve?" I said looking at him by my locker, "Dude what is up with you. Acting all zoned out and everything."

"I got into college." He said

"That's great!" I said and hugged him, but i could feel hesitation.

"I can't afford it, my dad wants me to pay for it all on my own." Steve's family was loaded so I don't understand why his dad would act like that, my excited hug turned into a sympathy hug.

"No fucking in the hallways!" Eddie and his friends giggled and yelled as they walked by,

My blood boiled, the nerve of that dude, like seriously. Hopefully Eleven will be okay by time I get home, don't know how late dad is working. Living in the cabin is weird, so secluded. Hopefully it won't be like that for much longer, I get we have to keep her safe but I miss living around people. Closest place is the trailer park, which is where the weirdos live.

~~~~~

I stayed a few minutes after everyone left school, hoping to catch someone for a ride, someone I could trust obviously. I was just worried about El.

"Need a ride princess?" I heard and scoffed,

"Don't ever call me princess." I turned and it was Eddie, "Ever."

"Do you need a ride or not?" He said and rolled his eyes. I did need a ride, I rolled my eyes and nodded, he opened the door from the inside and I got in.

I hate Eddie Munson.

~~~~Home

I was in a hurry to get out of his van and see if El was alright, "No kiss goodbye?" He smiled and i flipped him off, "Wait!" He said and I turned around, he waved me back over and I inched closer, "Why do you hate me so much?"

My body felt uneasy and nervous, "You ruined my social status, when I first moved here we talked for the first week then people associated me with you. I never lived it down, even having Steve as my best friend never helped things, it was always, 'who's that?'" I sighed.

He looked hurt at my response and I walked into my house. Maybe he should be hurt, stupid ass.

~~~~~

"El! I'm home!" I yelled and she opened her door, "what do you want for dinner." I smiled and she smiled slightly back, I think she's intimidated by me sometimes, I don't think I'm that scary..

"You pick" she said and I laughed a little, "Mike?" She said and I frowned.

"You know you have to wait 1 more week, just to be in the clear. We can't have them find you." I sighed grabbing some canned spaghetti o's out of the cabinet, should be okay to eat, hopefully not expired. Hopefully.

~~~~Dinner

"So, Sloane." My dad said and I looked at him while I forked my spaghetti o's, "Heard you got a ride from Eddie Munson." He said

"Yeah. He didn't come inside don't worry." I sighed, "He's a freak but he's not dangerous." I said lying because I have no idea how he is.

Dinner was mostly awkward, but tonight there was a party at Steve's house, beginning of summer party, his dad and mom left town after they had the meeting at school. So knowing Steve, the first thing he'd do is throw a party.

End of chapter.

Word count: 802

Hope you guys are in for a tense romance where they hate each other most of the time. :)