17. Finally.. not

I was laying in Eddie's bed, he was still asleep, it was Friday at 7 pm, he said a nap after school but it's been 4 hours, oh well.

I walked into his kitchen and looked for something to cook, I grabbed a frozen pizza and put it in the oven, I used his phone and called over to my trailer, "Hello?" Max answered

"Do you want pizza for dinner?" I asked

"Sure, where are you calling me from?" She asked

Shit, "Uh, Steve's house, I'll bring it over in like 10 minutes, then I'll have to go help Robin with.. homework." I said trying not to make it suspicious.

~~~

I successfully gave her part of the pizza and snuck back over without her seeing, I really haven't told anyone, I feel bad just leaving her like that..

Eddie walked into the kitchen and I smiled at him, "Hey, sleepy head." I said, "I made one of the frozen pizzas."

He took some and ate it on the couch, "Thanks." He said and I smiled slightly.

Part of me thinks I was falling for him, I don't know though, I was scared to fall.

By now it was around Christmas and I looked outside, "it's snowing.." I said and smiled, "not very hard but,"

Snow always calmed me, along with rain, I don't know why, just the smell.

~~~~

Eddie and I haven't talked about making anything.. official, so I don't know what to call us, I don't want to assume or anything but,

I was walking over to his trailer, his van was gone, maybe his uncle took it. I opened his door and no one was here, I walked into his room, there was a note with my name on it, "I'm sorry." Was all it said, I looked around, some of his clothes were gone. He left. Why.. without telling me..

Tears ran down my face, "he left.." I said quietly to myself and sat on his bed, "of course." I wiped my tears, I looked at one of his cans on his dresser, anger filled me, he left without saying a word. What the fuck-

Crunch

The can crushed and I was taken aback, control the anger, control it.

"Fucker." I said to myself, I left the note on his bed and walked back to my trailer, Max was sitting on the couch

"What happened?" She asked and I looked at the cans on the table, I heard a low vibe playing in my head and suddenly all the cans crushed at once, fuck it, what's the point, I don't care who knows.

"That's what," I said wiping my tears and blood from my nose, "I figured you should know."

She looked shocked, "How.."

"I'm 002, that one day, when I grabbed your hand and I said my head spinning, it was me seeing your memory of Billy dying. The same thing happened with Joyce, I saw how my dad died." I sighed and sat beside her, "Only you and Steve know."

"How long have you know?"

"A few months." I said, she seemed like she was in disbelief, which she probably was.

~~~~

Maybe I shouldn't have dumped that on Max, she seems weirded out by it.

Steve and I were in his room, I was laying on his bed, covered up completely and moping, "I haven't seen Eddie in the parking lot, or his van at all. Where's he been."

"Why should I know, I don't care." I said muffled into the covers, "fuck him."

Steve turned around in his chair and looked at me, "what's going on."

"Nothing, he's just a prick."

He got under the covers with me, his body heat felt nice, "I know you guys had a thing for a little, it was obvious, painfully obvious."

I sighed and cuddled up to him, "He left, it's over, I don't know where he went." I said. He held me and again, his body heat felt nice, at least I had him, we've been through the same shit, I know he won't leave.. even last time it wasn't his fault.. "Don't leave me.." I said quietly in his chest, "Please.."

"I won't, Sloane." He said and kissed the top of my head, "I promise I won't."

I cried a little into his chest and he held me a bit tighter, I hated crying.. so much, especially over a boy, a boy who left without warning, with a note that only said, 'I'm sorry.' Like what the hell. Cans around Steve's room were rattling.

He rubbed my back to calm me down and I did, eventually the rattling stopped and I fell asleep.. soundly and forget Eddie. Stupid dude.

End of chapter

Word count: 784

Hiii Ik it's sad, but this book isn't supposed to be uncomplicated, so hope you enjoyed :) <3