soulmate

"ookay- what do I do again-" the blonde stood in the middle of the same abandoned room where he found himself caught up in a huge mess with these...beings that claim to be protectors or celestials. or something like that. under his feet were red strings that formed a circle.

"these strings will symbolize the red string of fate that will tie your fate with ours." the pinkinette spoke up as he tied a small red string on his pinky finger, the blonde only nodded as he watched the pinkinette hand the other a red string, which they gladly took.

"this is crazy...I've never heard of someone having 5 soulmates." the small brunette groaned as he struggled to tie the red string. the others had to silently agree with him, never had they heard of such things.

Dream took a deep breath in, his eyes caught the small brunette who placed himself close to the blonde. George didn't make any eye contact, too busy with the string that refused to cooperate with him. the blonde smiled and grabbed the string from the brunette who in turn looked at him in disbelief, Dream raised an eyebrow and gestured the other to show him his finger when he bobbed his head a little. George sighed and reluctantly gave in. 

"so...question...do you guys like use magic here all the time or..." the blonde tried to start a small conversation with the other who seemed to be taller than him by one inch. George looked away from the blonde and cleared his throat.

"no. we're not allowed to use our power against humans. except for those two." the brunette looked towards the taller of the group and the familiar pinkinette who were busy tying the red string to their own fingers. Dream followed his gaze and his shoulders dropped a little as he handed George back his hand.

"done..." the blonde looked at the other, his eyes were a beautiful shade of hazel brown, the brunette visibly flinched at the stare and simply backed away a little from the blonde. Dream didn't question it and simply set his sights at the ground. 

then a hand came into view, the blonde looked up and saw the familiar ginger that offered him a small smile, Dream sighed and looked away from the other. Fundy's smile faded, he grabbed the blonde's left hand and handed tied a string on his pinky finger, the other looked away and kept his gaze to the floor before he felt the ginger let go of his hand.

"look. you are very pretty. I have a thing for blondes so I approached you." the ginger spoke up as he took a small step back from the other who finally turned his head to look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I just didn't take you for the stalker type." Fundy shrugged his shoulder to which earned him small nudge from George who still stood by the blonde, the ginger laughed and pushed the smaller away a little as a response for his earlier nudge.

"look. I didn't follow you." the blonde glared daggers towards the other who only rolled his eyes.

"sure. deny all you want." Fundy smirked and leaned in closer to the blonde who continued to glare at him, Dream leaned his body away from the other since he couldn't leave the circle of red strings.

"Fundy. don't." George rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his noes in annoyance, he really made it clear that the ginger had stepped on a line and the brunette clearly didn't like it. Fundy shrugged and simple backed away from the blonde.

"are you done bickering." a deep voice spoke up which made the three of them turn only to find the taller brunette stood with his arms crossed, the other two stood by his side, Sapnap had his hands at the back of his head and he looked amused at the whole situation, while the pinkinette simply stared at them his hands inside his pocket.

Dream sighed and looked away, the taller of the group smiled and walked in front of the blonde, Fundy walked to the other's left side and Geroge moved to the blonde's back, he was later joined by Sapnap who nudged his arm, a small smirk on his face, which the brunette glared at.

 Techno took the spot on Dream's right side and handed him a rather thicker string, the blonde looked down at it, he silently took a deep breath in and grabbed hold of it. he followed the string and saw that it was somehow connected to the others.

"here...let me." Wilbur placed his hand in front of the blonde, palm faced up. the smaller sighed and placed his hand on top of the other's hand as well as handing him the string. the brunette grabbed hold of Dreams hand and started to tie the string to his pinky.

"remember, the moment the spell is done, we are going to be soulmates. that means what you feel, we feel too." the older explained as he finished, he looked at the blonde who only stared down at his hand. Wilbur's eyes softened at the sight of the blonde, but didn't dare keep the expression for long.

"this spell could also benefit you. we keep the secret safe and hidden, and we grant you safety." the taller looked away and pulled out a lighter from his coat, which caught Dream's eyes, he blinked a few times, and he tried to swallow his fears, and perhaps calm his anxiety.

"relax...this is where the fun begins." The taller smiled a devilish grin as he took a few steps back and lets go of the lighter.

the room was covered with a bright light as soon as the lighter hit the ground, the blonde closed his eyes and said his prayers in his head.

.

.

.

Dream slowly opened his eyes and sure enough, he was back to the same old room. the boy looked around and there stood in front of him was the same five boys who watched him with curious eyes.

the blonde shivered and he looked down at his hands where the string was supposed to be tied, but all the string was gone, and there in his pinky finger was a small almost unnoticeable pattern that tied itself all over his pinky finger.

"that is the symbol of fate. the red string was burned into your soul. which means we are now soulmates."

.

.

.