CHAPTER ONE

FITTING IN└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

FITTING IN
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

      It was wonderful for Jane and Will as they were eagerly awaiting to see Mike the following day. Both were having difficulty fitting in, since then moving into their home in Lenora Hills, California, they had been willing to gain an unexpected friend.

     In front of their new home, there was a house owned by a couple who had agreed to care of two girls who were not their own. The Byers, however, weren't unaware of the fact that they barely saw the couple entering or leaving the residence over the ensuing months.

     One of the two girls living in the house has been introduced to them, and they have discovered that her name is Celeste Vivian. The girl initially seemed "intimidating," so Jane originally didn't like the idea of having a second best friend.

     Jane carried the project she would later deliver to the class, as she and Will walked to the school hallways. Jane advised Will to go back home and grab his neglected school assignment, but he was adamant.

     Jane waved back as a young girl suddenly waved in her direction, assuming the wave was for her, just for the other girl to hug her friend behind Jane. Will gave the unfamiliar girl a quick glance before turning to face Jane while wearing a saddened expression.

     Once they arrived at the room, the two immediately sat on their assigned seats. Just as Jane settled on her chair, a sticky, chewed gum flew towards her reddened cheeks.

     Suddenly, a girl wearing a pink tight skirt with a blue sleeveless crop top and white LA denim jacket, a high cut white shoes that match the blue socks to which complemented her look entered the room. The moment the girl sat down in her seat, the entire room fell silent.

     Angela leaned close to her and said, "I didn't know you'd be back early."

     Celeste rolled her eyes, "I didn't do much to be suspended for weeks, Angela." she muttered, her thick Russian accent clearly heard.

     All the students stopped their bickering when Mrs. Gracy walked into the classroom. Without wasting any time, the teacher began calling out the names of the students she had selected using the standard teaching technique.

     Celeste sighed in relief when Angela was called first. "—after learning to speak, she traveled the world to spread her message, and along the way, changed how the world viewed those like her with disabilities. and that is why I have chosen Helen Keller as my hero," Angela said while faking a smile.