CHAPTER THREE

TROUBLE AT THE RINK II

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

     The young girl is nowhere to be found, despite Mike and Will's best efforts. Mike had barged into the women's restroom, alarming the women inside, and Will frantically searched the area for his friend. 

     Will questioned, "Have you seen her?"

     "Should've told me she was having trouble." Mike sneered, both his hands in his pocket.

     "I was telling you to grab her right away, but you told me to leave them alone," Will rolled his eyes and started walking.

      "Well, 'm sorry." Mike shrugged walking next to the long-haired girl.

    Will followed Mike and Celeste behind, "And I didn't know Angela was going to be here.

   "Will, you knew she was having trouble for a year and didn't tell me." Mike sassed.

     Will defended himself by saying, "I didn't know she was lying to you."

     "Which is why you were being a douche all day?"

     "I wasn't being a douche!"

     "You were. You were! You were rolling your eyes, moping. And, you're barely talking, it's like Celeste is your personal chit-chat machine." Mike glared at him, "You sabotaged the whole day."

     "El was lying to you, straight to your face, ever since you got here," Will said to Mike. "And.. and I have been a total third wheel all day. It's been miserable. If it weren't for Celeste, it might have been worse! I apologize if I wasn't... wasn't smiling."

     Mike rolled his eyes, "Yeah. Whatever, man."

     "Just— I— I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry, I invalidated your feelings, Will." Mike apologized, looking down.

     Will asked, "But... well, what about us?" which made Mike frown.

     "What?"

     Will crossed his arms as he approached the boy with curly hair, "You're mad that I didn't talk to you? You made it super clear that you're not interested in anything I have to say."

     "That's just not true."

     Will glanced into Mike's eyes with tears welling in his eyes, "You've called maybe a couple of times. It's been a year, Mike. meanwhile, El has a book of letters from you.

Mike sighed, "That's because she's my girlfriend, Will."

     "And us?"

      "We're friends."

     "We used to be best friends."

     Mike clenched his jaw and said, "Maybe you need to have sought out more. I don't know, but why is this on me? Why... why am I the bad guy?"

      Will wasn't feeling comfortable, particularly because of what had happened to Eleven. He had never experienced that sensation before, and he was unwilling to ever experience it once again. He felt like his closest friend was abandoning him like rubbish.

     "Let's just find her."

      Will rolled his eyes and followed behind Mike. The two walked peacefully until they heard a loud scream, their heads turned to the sound, and run towards the agonizing sound.

     As they arrived at where the noise was coming from, they instantly widened their eyes and found Eleven holding onto a pair of bloody roller skates while Angela shielded her nose, as though blood were streaming from her flawlessly chiseled face.

     When she stared at her blood-covered hands, Angela began sobbing hysterically. Eleven trembled nervously as she gazed down at the skates she was carrying. She then turned to face her friends and wore a terrified expression.

     Celeste's breath hitched at the sight of the blood that was dripping from the roller skates, Eleven was responsible for the wound on Angela's face.

     "Oh... oh my god." Will's shoulder stiffened at the scene.

     Mike shouted, "Holy shit, El. What did you do? What did you do!?" his eyes widened.

     The discomfort caused Angela to continue crying and screaming, while Celeste grimaced at the appearance of the blood. When she turned back, the friend of her older sister was approaching Angela while looking concerned.

     "What happened here?" Thea asked, looking disappointed and frustrated, as she stood next to her younger sister.

     "I don't—"

     Angela turned to Thea, "That girl! That girl with anger issues did it!" she cried out.

    The noises of the ambulance signaled the arrival of the EMTs, who continued to interview Angela as they administered first aid to keep her conscious. Mike, Celeste, and Will slumped back against the armchair, while Eleven sat at the table and gave the injured girl a harsh gaze.

END.