1

"Ooo look who decided to join the party!" I heard a familiar voice say as I walked through the doors of bar. "If it ain't Eagle." The infamous voice of Hangman rung through the room.

"Hey long time no see Hangman." I greet while taking my sunglasses off. Just as I was about to go play a bit of pool so I could once again beat Coyote and Hangman's ass again, Phoenix and two other guys turn up.

"Phoenix! Great to see you." I get up from my slouching position in my chair to give her a quick hug and introduce myself to the others, while watching Coyote debate with hangman who was the better pilot. "Same to you Eagle." She smiles. "Who's this you got here?" I referred to the men behind her. "Payback." The one on the right says followed by the other, who I won't lie was quite good looking. "Fanboy."

"Who's he?" I nod my head to the side signalling the guy who was sat on the chair looking a bit lost, before slowly realising that all of us were staring at him. "Where did you come from?" Hangman and me shared a look of confusion. "Oh I've been here the whole time." The guy explains making us pull faces.

"The man's a stealth pilot." Hangman sarcastically jokes but the guy clearly wasn't catching onto the joke. "Literally."

"Weapons system officer actually." He corrected still with a clueless tone. "With no sense of humour." Hangman mutters under his breath walking away supposedly to grab a drink, handing me the pool stick. "What do they call you?" I continue to ask him questions.
"Bob." He replied making me roll my eyes in annoyance. "No your call sign." Payback seemed to find this whole situation amusing. "Uhm Bob." Wow so he really didn't have a call sign. I thought to myself letting out a sigh.

"Bob Floyd, your my new back seater? From Lemore?" Phoenix soon caught in to the fact that his was going to be her back seater for the mission, while in the back payback and fanboy were bursting with fits of laughter. "Looks like it yeah." He seemed quite pleased.

I gave the stick to Bob so he could try get to know the team through pool, since he seemed a bit lonely by the looks of it.

I started to chat with Payback a bit about his flying career and how he got here aswell as where he got his call sign from when I heard Phoenix say Bradshaw, immediately catching my attention. There was no way she was talking to me so I figured the only person it could be was my brother. Bradley Bradshaw.

I haven't seen my brother in a few months since we graduated we have been called on missions all over the country therefore never really having time to spend time with eachother not like we wanted to anyway to be fair because we know if we spend too much time together than we will end up in an argument and end up not speaking for another good few weeks, and that's how our relationship just was.

"Bradshaw is that you?" I hear Phoenix continue. Great it really is him. I see him start a small conversation with Phoenix but he still hasn't realised that I'm here yet.

"Ahh my favourite twin sister." He finally notices me and grins giving me a hug from behind and forced a smile to my face. "Hello Bradley." I say blandly. "Hello Britney." He mocks my tone of voice. He then chuckles at me once more before going over to the rest of the group, with me following him.

"Bradshaw, I live and breathe." Hangman said with him lips curling into a smile, while grabbing the pool stick of of bob just as he was about to hit, making me chuckle a bit. "Hangman, you look...good." I could see he was trying to fish for the right word. "Welp, I am good rooster." He bends down to take a shot ok the pool table. "I'm very good." He adds. "In fact, I am too good to be true."

"Sooo y'all know what this 'special mission' is about?" Coyote breaks the tension between Rooster and Hangman. "Yeah well, a mission is a mission." Hangman shrugs. "But what I wanna know, is who's gonna be team leader." I swear sometimes this guys ego is way too high. "And which one has what it takes to follow me." He announces making me look down with second hand embarrassment knowing no one really wanted him as team leader.

"Hangman the only place you'll lead anyone to is an early grave." Rooster had said what we were all thinking and me, Coyote, Payback and Fanboy started to silently laughing. "And anyone who follows you is just gonna, run out of fuel. But thats just you ain't it Rooster. Your snug on that perch, waiting for just the right moment that never comes." Somehow what he said kinda hurt me as well, I don't know what it was but it just did. "Oh I love this song." He abruptly changed the subject walking away with and achieving smile on his face.

"Well he hasn't change one bit since I last saw him." I walk over to my brother. "Your right he sure hasn't." He nods in agreement, before walking away to get a drink.

"Shit check it out, more pilots. That's Harvard, Yale, Omaha and shit, that's Fritz." Payback says while the rest of us stare. "What kinda mission is this?" Fanboy says the question that was ringing in my mind as well. "That's not the question we should be asking. Everyone here is the best there is, who the hell are they gonna get to teach us."

—————

Some time passes and the evening ends with Rooster playing the piano while we all sing 'great balls of fire' in chorus.

Eventually, we all leave to try and get a early night for training tomorrow.