3

It's the following day and I woke up quite early since I have to go into Air Base a lot earlier than usual for my bonding session with fanboy before training.

—————

I Arrived at base to find both commanders stood waiting for both me and fanboy, who still hadn't arrived. As it neared 8am, he eventually turned up in a rush. "Sorry, overslept." He explains the reasoning as to why he was nearly late. "It's fine. So lets begin. As mentioned yesterday you'll be taking bonding sessions everyday for a week, hopefully this will stronger your teamwork abilities as well as your relationship in the air as co-pilots. The first thing we want you to do is the basics, just talk and get to know each other." The Commanders told us and walked back to there offices.

"Looks like it's just you and me Bradshaw." He says taking a seat beside me. "Guess so." I reply. "So where did you get your call sign from?" He asked me, clearly trying to start a conversation. "You saw how I was in that exercise yesterday, how I was able to predict where maverick was accurately without a radar." I explained making him nod so I continue. "Well because I have eyes and ears everywhere, like an Eagle that's why they call me Eagle. What about you?" I throw the question back to him. "Well it literally says it in the name, fanboy. When I was a kid I had a mad obsession with Star Trek and I still do now so they call me fanboy I guess, and you see my helmet how it's same font of how Star Trek is that's why." He opens up to me. We continued to talk, laugh and joke about and it turns out we have a lot in common and our relationship is definitely stronger now.

—————

"Time, is your greatest enemy. Faze one of the mission will be a low level ingress attacking in two plane teams." Maverick begins. "You'll fly along this narrow canyon to your target. Radar guarded,surfaced air missals defend the area. These SAM's, lethal. But they were designed to protect the sky's above, not the canyon below." He says.

"That's because the enemy knows no one is insane enough to try and fly below them." Rooster stated a true point. "That's exactly what I'm gonna train you to do." My eyes widened in shock. How were we gonna do that it's impossible? "On the day, your altitude will be 100ft maximum." Me and fanboy exchange looks of confusion as to why they would even consider letting if fly that low. "If you exceed the altitude, radar's spot you and your dead." The hologram in front of us demonstrated what he was explaining.

"Your airspeed will be 660 knots minimum, time to target, 2 and a half minutes. That's because 5th generation fighters wait at an airbase nearby." Everything the man was telling us seemed impossible to even achieve no matter how high up in the ranks you are.

"Going head to head with these planes in your F-18's, your dead. That's why you need to get in, hit your target and be gone, before these planes even have chance at catching you." He informs us all.

"Time is your greatest adversary."

"You'll fly a route in your nav system which simulates the canyon. The faster you navigate this canyon, the harder it'll be to stay under the radar of these enemy's SAM's. The tighter the turns, the more intensely the force of gravity in your body multiplies, compressing your lungs, forcing the blood from your brain, comparing your judgment and reaction time."

"For todays lesson we're going to take it easy on you. Max 300ft, time to target, 3 minutes. Goodluck." Maverick finally begins to wrap up explaining what we are going to do today.

"Yo Eagle wait up!" I turn back to see fanboy. "Where did you appear from?" I smile slowing down so he can catch up to me. "What Maverick's saying is crazy right." He refers to what he had just said in the room before. "I know right, maximum of 100ft." I complained as we walked onto the runway. "But it's Maverick, he never backs down from a challenge." I say sarcastically. "We'll see Eagle. We'll see."