4

It's been a few days since everything that went down with Hangman and shit, and I've kind of calmed down with my anger towards him due to our mission becoming closer and closer each day, although don't get me wrong I still haven't forgave him for what he said.

——————

Maverick decided to break the tension and also build on the teamwork in the group by heading down to the beach for the afternoon instead of flying, which I could already predict the Commanders wouldn't be quite keen on us doing, especially at this moment in time due to how close the day of the mission was, this would just be considered as a waste of time and a distraction to us all.

"Afraid your gonna loose?" I chuckle looking hangman dead in the eye. "To you, never." He confidently smiled back. "Pft, in your dreams Seresin." I roll my eyes referring to hangman as his surname while waiting for Hondo to blow his whistle to make the game of football begin. The whistle finally blows. "Hut!" Payback passes the football under his legs to me. I catch the ball quickly running but I see coyote is about to tackle me and I have no chance of dodging it so I hurriedly pass it back to payback and he sprints with it dodging both maverick and Fritz scoring a touchdown. "Touchdown!!!!" Hondo blows his whistle to let everyone know as he cheers along with us.

"Hut!" This time Fanboy was QB, so as Hondo blew his whistle on the sidelines and he passed the ball to me as we formed a kind of one-two formation, so I ran with the ball quickly passing to back before anyone could tackle me but hangman had predicted my move going straight for Fanboy tackling him to the ground. "You alright man." Hangman helps him up. "All good, but great tackle." He laughed. "What can I say I'm a pro." He flexed his muscles.

The teams soon switched and Hangman, Maverick and Fritz moved to my team meaning Payback, Yale and Bob moved to the other.

After many touchdowns and points scored for our team from maverick, he decided to take some time out. Our team started pleading him to stay which didn't work so now we were bound to loose mid-match. "Alright, the old man's out let's go!" Frtiz encouraged us to carry on even though he would tell we were about to loose now.

As Fritz accurately threw the ball to me I caught it and saw a chance to score since I was a few yards from the touchdown down and no one was in sight, so I caught it running as fast as I could and I ended up winning the touchdown. I ran to Phoenix and we did our little hand shake cheering. "Good one Eagle." Fanboy praised my works giving me a quick high five. Rooster thew the ball on the floor and most of the boys behind him fell back onto the beach sand, imitating the ball being a bomb as we all laughed at their immaturity.

We then started the second half and the other teams final point was scored surprisingly by Bob. He had been sitting on the sidelines most of the time till we forced him to get up and play, and unlike most of the boys he wasn't shirtless, he decided to wear a shirt instead which helped me identify who he was a lot easier since all the boys looked the same at this point with all their sunglasses and shit.

As I looked over to where Maverick was, it turned out Commander had turned up somehow knowing where we were and he didn't seem happy, but I shrugged it off thinking he'd leave soon anyway. I looked behind me to see everyone praising Bob for his winning touchdown ultimately meaning we'd lost and they had won but I was still glad to see him slowly coming out of his shell. I look back smiling quickly at Penny sat on a bench writing before jogging back over to the team who now had Bob placed on Roosters shoulders while the rest of them chanted Bob's name.

A few minutes later after we had calmed down, both Coyote and Hangman had challenged me to a race, which I was more than happy to do, since Coyote and Hangman and I have a history of being quite competitive towards each other. "Excited for me to kick your ass Eagle." Hangman stares me dead in the eyes. As I was about to reply, Coyote cuts in "Will you two just accept that I'm going to beat both of you anyway, so either way, you both loose." He smugly said causing me and hangman to share a look. "We'll see Coyote." I wink. I turn to Payback, who is waiting to start the countdown of the race. "Three. Two. One. GO!" We all speed off hangman in the lead with my and Coyote just an inch behind, but as we start to near the finish line I take this as a chance to speed up. So as I do Coyote appears out of no where just as I think I'm about to win and beats me to it coming first. Hangman was no where to be seen. As I cross the drawn out finish line Fritz had drew for us with a stick in the sand prior to us racing, I turn back to see Hangman about a few seconds from crossing it as well meaning he'd come last. "You alright there." I giggle watching him pant out of breath after still coming last. "I..." he struggles to speak. "I tripped that's why." He was just about able to say. "Pft, sure." I raised an eyebrow, before walking away leaving him panting. "Better luck next time Jake." I chuckle.

We had already started another game of football and as Fanboy purposefully threw the ball to a now playing Hondo, and we all new then to tackle him to the ground as hard as we could. As we all raced to him, Rooster had reached him first stopping him from running as we all piled on top of eachother as we got him to the ground. "About time!" I shout putting my hands up.

As Maverick dismissed us, I started to head back to the parking lot when I heard Fanboy call my name. I turned around to see him approaching me. "Hey." I greet as he began to scratch the back of his head, which I noticed he did alot. "Today was a bit different from the usual lessons." He shrugged. "I guess." I reply. "Look, what I came here to say is since our kiss, I really cannot stop thinking about you and I.." He huffs. "Sorry I really just needed to get that off my chest." He sighs looking down. He was about to continue but I stopped him by giving a quick peck. "Honestly, I can't either but we need to focus on the mission and if Maverick or something finds out I'm never hearing the end of it, plus I don't know about you but I'm going on that mission." I told him. "Determined. I like it." He jokes. "Well what if we like...snuck around?" He asks. "I don't know." I do really like him but I could risk getting into a lot of trouble. "Come one, it's not like they'll ever find out." He bribes me. "Cheeky. I like it." I mock what he had said earlier. "So what is it yea or no." He pushed for an answer. If I was to, I would risk getting banned from the mission as well as never hearing the end of it from my brother, but I thought to myself I'm ready to take that risk. "Ok fine, but if we get caught, I will never forgive you." I warn. He clearly wasn't fazed by my warning, "Great, I will catch you later than Eagle." He winks walking ahead off into the night.

As the night went on the two could only think about each other, and each other only.