3. The Day The Neighbors Moved In

Tomorrow morning

Jordan Parker woke up the next morning, ready to use his last free day fully. Twenty-eight of August. It was around noon when he got up and went to the kitchen for some breakfast. To his surprise, there was a dish with a mix of vegetables and meat on the table, looking freshly cooked. The door of his roommate's room was wide open and he strolled across the space and threw a quick glance in its direction.

"Hyun? " Joe mumbled sleepily.

There was no sign of him. With a big sigh, only wearing boxers on because the heat from the summer was still around, he went to reach for the dish since he was very hungry.

"You're not here so you cannot stop me from eating this. " Jordan bit his lip and grabbed the plate. Just as he began pulling it across the table and towards himself...

"Are you guys back yet?" some gentle voice spoke as a person entered the living room right from the bathroom. Jordan was instantly startled, as an impulse to the thought that Hyun might walk in and see him munching on his food.

"Oh my god! " He yelled and jumped back from the table.

When he took a glance towards the person, he had a sight to see. His eyes spread like sunflowers towards the sun, wide and awake. It was a girl, and not just some girl, but one that was also very shocked to see him.

"J-Jordan? Oh god. " She covered her face with her hands.

The sight of eighteen years old Heavenly Brooks got him thinking it was some kind of delusion. Has he really woken up? Maybe he's still in bed but dreaming of this interaction. When reality hit him across the face, he composed his mind and smiled big when seeing an old friend.

"Heavenly? What... How, why are you here? " He stammered, getting closer to her.

"You're Beak-Hyun's roommate? Oh shoot. " she breathed out, looking at him. He went for a big hug but his childhood friend brushed him off. "Get dressed first! "

That's when he realized he was only in his boxers and ran back to his room. "Okay, got it. "

After putting on shorts and a white t-shirt, he came back to see Heavenly making coffee by the stove. God, how he had missed her. It did not even matter how she appeared here. He could care less. It was a miracle. Jordan just went and squeezed her from behind with so much strength that she ended up yelping.

"I missed you. "

"You are squeezing me too hard, Joe. " Heav complained, but turned around and returned his greeting hug. It lasted for a few seconds, surely. "I missed you too. "

"Heavenly, we are here! Oh, hi. " Another girl walked in. "Since when are you that assertive with guys? Jesus. "

The two friends immediately broke off their exchange and looked in the direction of a dark-haired cute girl followed by Baek-Hyun. They were both confused to why the two people in the room were hugging, not knowing anything about their history.

"We are childhood friends. We grew up in the same neighborhood. Then she moved away to Atlantic City. "Jordan looked at Heavenly. "Which reminds me, Heav, why are you here?"

She looked at him. "I live here now. "

Jordan could not do anything but blink. "You live, here?"