25. The Day Of Bruises

ALIYAH'S POV:

"Here, " I hand Baek-Hyun a can of soda as he sits in the waiting room.

He gazes up at me, takes a second or two and takes it into his hand, "Thanks... "

We are currently at the hospital, waiting while they check on Heavenly's injuries. I glance at Joe stuck on the door, staring through the glass window on it as if hypnotized. Heavenly's boyfriend is next to him, having an identical expression. I sigh and sit down.

Popping my can open, I refresh myself by pouring the drink down my throat. My hands kind of shook as I brought it to my lips. Fright overtook me. Heavenly looked really bad when we were taking a ride to the hospital. I'm so worried and am dying to find out what is going on.

After I put it down on the floor, I sit in a chair next to Baek-Hyun. Everything in the hospital seems so bright in comparison to what I'm feeling. The walls are of light green color giving off calming aura that right now isn't getting to me. The second floor where we are is much less crowded than the first, which is one thing I am thankful for.

I don't even realize that I'm shaking my leg and fidgeting with my fingers nervously until I almost knock over the full can of soda I left on the ground.

"Shit.. " I mumble, my throat getting heavier.

I lean back against the backrest and sigh deeply.

"Try to calm down, " friend next to me says, making me burn up even more. Baek's words resonate.

"It's hard, " I put my hands in my lap, intertwined one with another, "What if she doesn't end up being okay? She's my best friend in the whole world. "

My eyes prickle with tears at my own words. It's as if they remind me what Heavenly means to me. We've been through thick and thin since high school. I just knew we were gonna be by each other's side for a long time as soon as we met.

A feel of a strong masculine hand on top of my clenched ones wakes me from the worst thoughts. I glance down. Baek-Hyun soothes me by running his thumb slowly against my skin, caressing. My eyes rise to his face only to find him already looking at me with sympathy. A breath catches in my throat. Emotion becomes so piled up that it just bursts in a flow of silent tears.

"Hey, " Baek-Hyun tells me quietly and reaches for my face, wiping off the tears, "Don't cry"

"I can't help it...", I whisper.

His hand remains on my left cheek, slowing down. I stare at him with pain written all over my eyes. Why am I even letting him touch me? I am mad at him to the bone. I shouldn't feel soothed at the touch of his hand. This is ridiculous.

I sniff. He lets me cry but picks up every tear from my cheek. Our eyes take a long gaze into each other. Honestly, looking at him, I realize how bad I caught it for this guy. He is so tender with me whenever life treats me crappy. He's been there for me through that phase when I liked Kameron Parker, and even before that, even before he knew me as a person, he helped me carry in those boxes when I moved here on the very first day. Baek-Hyun is just so nice. I know that.

That is why his current nature confuses me. He got me really angry when he said I was used to kissing guys. It sounded really bad coming from his mouth, because I found him almost perfect until that.