21.

the woman sat down at the dining table, not even keeping an eye on rowoon as she was looking into the background info of sunoo her partner sent her.

sunghoon was off to work, the two didn't speak a word to each other ever since she arrived. however, his footsteps came to a halt once he saw what looks like sunoo's passport picture on her laptop.

"what do you think you're doing," he said in a cold voice, eyebrows knitted together.

"oh... um nothing."

a scoff escaped sunghoon, "you're so pathetic are you fucking serious? why are you bringing him into it?"

"because it seems he's taken my role in the family-"

"you don't have a role in the family. you're not forced to do something. you're obliged to do it and fulfil it. you chose to leave. nobody told you to. i was willing to help you. it's obvious you didn't want your kid therefore you have no right to come back. i spelt the end of my teenage years raising him, and for you to come back and 'claim' him? i helped him become how he is right now and the man he is going to be in the future. you don't have a role in any of that."

"sunghoon-"

he slammed the door shut on his way out and got into his car, starting the engine as he drove off.