THIRTEEN

OLIVIA leaned against the lockers as she watched Shawn rummage through his. "What are you looking for anyways?" She asked. He sighed and looked over at her. "I'm looking for my brush. I gotta make sure I look fresh for the babes." He told her.

She rolled her eyes and opened her bag, pulling out on her brush. "Here, doofus." She said, handing it over to him. He smiled and grabbed it from her, brushing his hair, checking himself out in his small mirror. Olivia smiled a little as she watched him, leaning against the locker next to his. Shawn glanced over at her, a goofy smile on his face. "Why are you staring at me?" He asked with a small laugh.

She shrugged and wrapped her hair around her finger. "Mm, no reason." She shrugged. "You just like really handsome." Shawn smirked slightly and handed her back her hairbrush, looking down at her. "You think I'm handsome, huh?" He asked smugly.

The girl giggled and played with her fingers, biting down on her bottom lip. "Maybe." She hummed. Shawn let out a small chuckle and pinched her cheek gently. "Cute." He said softly. Cory ran up to them quickly, looking disheveled. "Olivia, Shawn, there you guys are. Quick, tell me about your weekend." The curly haired boy panted out. "I'm sure you had a lot of dates, huh?"

"Who counts?" Shawn asked smugly. "Six." Olivia crossed her arms and looked at Cory. "I had a date too." She stated, a small smile on her face. Cory looked at her surprised. "You had a date?" He asked in disbelief. "Well, don't look so surprised." She said sarcastically. "But, yes I did have a date this weekend."

Shawn closed his locker, looking down at her. "How come you didn't tell me about it?" He asked, crossing his arms. Olivia hummed and took out a pack of gum, putting a piece in her mouth. "I don't have to tell you guys everything I do." She reminded them. "You're not my parents."

"Anyways, I want you guys to tell me about them. Every single one." Cory instructed them. "Tell me like your life depended on it." Shawn raised an eyebrow, looking at his friend. "Cory, I'm no rocket scientologist, but, uh...I'm sensing there's something wrong." Shawn stated.

"It's scientist." Olivia corrected. Cory shook his head, placing his hands on his hips. "What makes you think something's wrong? Does my life have to be in a horrible boring rut to ask you how your weekend was? Come on! Throw a bone to your buddy." Cory ranted.

"No." Shawn gasped as he slowly came to the realization. "You doubled with your folks again." Cory sighed and nodded his head. "Only on Friday and Saturday." Cory pointed out. "But Sunday, it was just me and Topanga at the mall." Olivia smiled and looked at her friend. "Oh, how romantic." She said dreamily.

Cory smiled and looked at them both. "Yep. She bought me slacks." Cory said with a sigh. Shawn and Olivia groaned, shaking their head. "Oh, Cory. I think you have a problem." Shawn said with a small sigh. "But you, my friend, are in luck, 'cause come on. What am I the world's biggest expert on?"

"Repeating 7th grade English?" Olivia asked with a teasing small. Shawn rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out at her. "No, but I do know a lot about love." He replied. Olivia burst out laughing, cover her mouth. "Love? Shawn, you've never even been in love. Sure you've kissed and dated a lot of girls, but love? How are you an expert?" She questioned.

"And it sounds to me like you and Topanga are in a slump." Shawn told Cory, ignoring Olivia. She pouted slightly, flicking the boy's ear. "No, no." Cory protested. "We're terrific, Shawn. It's just... It's me. I've lost my edge. I'm not the same old dangerous Cory."

"Dangerous? Cor, you're as dangerous as a teddy bear." Olivia snickered, shaking her head. Shawn sighed and walked over to his friend, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Look." Shawn started. "Here's your answer. OK. I got a special invite tonight to a dance at Hamilton High. Why don't you come with me and Liv? Wear your new slacks."