FIFTEEN

"SO, are you and Shawn okay now?" Cory inquiried. Olivia and Cory were walking down the hall, heading to class. She nodded and gave him a small smile. "Yeah, we're good now." She answered letting out a small sigh. "That's good! It would've been awkward if you guys were still fighting and I don't deal with conflict very well. It gives me the hives!" The boy admitted.

      She let out a small laugh and shook her head. "Speaking of Shawn, where is he?" She wondered. "I dunno, but he went on a date with Dana Pruitt." Cory told her. She raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "Dana Pruitt? Wow, I never would've thought he would go for her." She commented. "I'm in bio with Dana and she's super nice. She's the type of girl who likes romance and going on sweet dates. And Shawn, yeah, he knows nothing about romance."

      They turned the corner and saw Shawn at his locker, grabbing some stuff. "Shawn! Needless to say, I'm a little upset." Cory told him as he walked over to him. "You're always upset, Cor." Shawn pointed out. "Well, more than usual. You see, this morning I'm having breakfast with Janitor Bud." Cory started to explain.

      "Janitor Bud?" Olivia questioned with a quizzical look on her face. "I owed him." Cory shrugged. "And, you know, we're talking, and it comes up that last night you were out with Dana Pruitt."

      Shawn closed his locker and nodded. "Yeah, I went out with Dana. So?" He shrugged. "Well, Shawn, Dana Pruitt is a very nice girl. And you don't usually got out with girls like that." Olivia said, looking at him. "And, you didn't tell me." Cory chimed in. "Yeah she's a very nice girl." Shawn stated.

"And going out with a nice girl like her could ruin your reputation." Cory replied. "I mean, Janitor Bud and I were absolutely shocked."

      "And Bud's seen dead bodies." Olivia added. "So, what was it like going out with a nice girl?" Cory wondered. Shawn shrugged and started walking, the others following beside him. "Cor, I'm not the type of guy that talks about the women I go out with." Shawn remarked.

      "Um, yeah you do. Where have you been? Mars?" Olivia asked sarcastically. "I mean, if it wasn't for your stories and the little pictures you draw me, I would know nothing," noted Cory.

      "Well, I don't wanna talk about Dana." He stated. "And don't ask me to draw her." Cory wrapped an arm around Shawn, pulling him close. "You must really like this girl." He concluded. "He likes all girls." Olivia said with a scoff. "And, so far, they've all liked me back." Shawn said, shrugging his shoulders.

      Dana walked up to them, a smile on her face. "Morning, Cory. Hey, Olivia. Love the skirt." She greeted them. She turned to Shawn, looking up at him. "Shawn, could I have a word with you in private?" She asked. Shawn nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, sure. I'll be right over." He told her. Dana nodded and walked off and Cory grinned cheekily.

      "Ooh, in private. What could this be?" Cory asked running his hands together. "Well, she probably wants to finish what we started last night. So if I'm late for class, fall asleep without me." Shawn winked before walking off to follow Dana.

      Olivia let out a small sigh and played with the straps of her backpack as she watched Shawn walk away. Sure, her and Shawn were good now, but that didn't mean it still didn't upset her when he talked about other girls. But, she was going to try her hardest to not let her feelings for the boy to get in between their friendship. Their friendship was too precious to let it go to waste.

      Cory gave her a sympathetic smile and patted her head. "You okay?" He asked. She looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah, I'm good." She replied. "Maybe, you should tell Shawn how you feel." He suggested. She leaned against the wall and shook her head. "I don't want to ruin our friendship, Cor. I've known him and you since we were practically still potty training. If I tell him how I feel, all of that could be ruined." She told him. "Right now, I'm okay with being his best friend."