THREE

"SEVEN minutes in heaven?" Olivia asked with a quizzical look on her face as she leaned down and to get a sip from the water fountain. "Is that some kind of spiritual ritual or something?" She questioned as she stood back up, wiping droplets of water from her chin.

"No, you dork. It's when they pick a boy and they pick a girl. Then, they send you two into a dark closet." Shawn explained, leaning against the wall. "And then you kiss each other for seven minutes."

"Well, how do they find the girl?" Cory wondered. Shawn wrapped an arm his friend's shoulder, smirking. "With your lips." He replied. Olivia fixed her hair and rolled her eyes. "Really? Only, dummies would like a game like this." She commented as they walked back to their lunch table. "Oh I'm gonna like this game!" Cory beamed. She sat down at the table, a smile tugging at her lips. "And I rest my case."

"Yeah, if that's what you're eatin' for lunch, I don't think the girl's gonna like it." Eric pointed as he walked past the group and over to the vending machine. Cory looked down at the mystery meat on his tray before glancing at his brother. "Nobody's talking to you!"

"Cory look, closet strategy is the key.
You've only got seven minutes, and you have to make every second count." Shawn explained. "Why do you need a strategy? It's just kissing." Olivia said as she popped one of her grapes into her mouth. "Well, have you ever kissed anyone, Liv?" Shawn asked, slightly anxious to hear her response.

Olivia finished chewing on her grape and looked up at Shawn, shrugging her shoulders. "Mm, maybe." She said nonchalantly. "You haven't!" Shawn declared, pointing at her. "Man, our little Liv hasn't had her first kiss. Poor baby. Should I give you a lesson?" He asked as he leaned closer to her face. Olivia's eyes widened and she quickly stuffed grapes into his mouth. "Shawn, kissing with your mouthful isn't very gentleman-like of you. Chew your food." She smiled, patting the boy's cheek. She turned her attention back to Cory, giving a small smile. "Cory, there's no need to worry...what are you doing?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she watched the boy pucker and un-pucker his lips.

"Lip-ups. I want to be in shape for tonight. I want to go the distance." He replied, continuing what he was doing before. "O-Oh..." she stuttered, giving him a weak smile. I'm friends with complete morons. "Tick, tick, tick, tick." Eric teased as he walked to his table causing Cory to slump his shoulder. Shawn finished swallowing the grapes in his mouth, nudging the boy's shoulder. "Cor, relax. He's just playing a mind game on you, just keep cool." Shawn said with a small smile.

Cory nodded his head and returned the smile to his friend. "Now back to Shawn's question, Olivia you've never kissed anyone?" Cory asked the girl. She stopped mid chew, seeing both sets of eyes on her. She looked at imaginary watch and gasped. "Well, look at time flying!" She exclaimed as she swallowed the remaining food in her mouth. She stood up, grabbing her tray. "I would love to stay here and spill the gory details of my first kiss, but I have a prior engagement I must get to. See you later!" She said quickly as she exited the cafeteria.

      Shawn and Cory watched in confusion as their friend practically bolted out of the cafeteria. "Well that was weird." Cory noted as he looked back to his tray. "Yeah." Shawn added, his eyes following her as she walked down the hallway. "Weird..."

      Olivia fanned her cheeks rapidly to make the burning sensation go away. "That was so embarrassing." She whined as she turned the corner quickly.

——————————

Cory, Shawn, and Olivia walked down a flight of stairs, to the basement where their fellow students were. Excitement was buzzing in the air about the game of seven minutes of heaven. Olivia walked behind her two friends, wrapping her arms around herself.