NINE

OLIVIA stood next to Cory and Shawn, who were both watching Veronica Watts argue with her boyfriend heatedly. She sighed softly, rolling her eyes. "I need new friends." She grumbled as she crossed her arms. "Friends who aren't obsessed with the female species."

      "This looks like it, Shawn. I think it's gonna happen." Cory said, patting his friend on the back.

"She's taking the necklace off. Ooh, locket in the pocket." Cory narrated, both of the boys' attention on the breakup scene before them. "Come on, come on." Shawn urged. Olivia stared at the two of them, then looked back at Veronica. Why are boys such idiots? She thought to herself.

"'And I never want to see you again.'" Cory stated, predicting that was what the girl was going to say next. "And I never want to see you again!" Veronica yelled at her now ex-boyfriend. "Yes! Yes! Veronica Watson is back on the market!" Shawn said excitedly.

      Cory high-fived, nodding his head in approval. "All right, but you better act fast." Cory noted. Olivia shook her head, looking at her friends. "She literally just got out of a relationship. Give her some time to process and heal." She told the two.

Shawn nodded, placing his hands on his hips. "She's right. I-I should respect what she and Dennis had, and give her time to get over it." He replied. He looked at his watch, nodding his head. "All right, then." He turned around, walking over to Veronica quickly. "He's such a pig." Olivia scoffed, crossing her arms. "He's the man." Cory admired. Olivia looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "And you're the friend of a pig." She teased.

Shawn walked back to them, a smug look on her face. "You were saying?" He asked, looking at Olivia. She stuck her tongue out at him, her arms crossed. "Ah, Saturday night is gonna be fun. Me, Veronica, alone." Shawn sighed, a content look on his face. "Wait, Saturday?" Olivia asked. "I thought we were hanging out." Shawn looked at her and shrugged. "Hey, duty calls." Olivia opened her mouth to say something snarky, but quickly closed her mouth. It's not worth it, Liv.

"Anyways, I'll ask my parents if it's OK if Veronica can come over Saturday." Cory told him. Shawn titled his head, a confused look on his face. "Why would you do that?" Shawn questioned as they walked down the hall. "Because you're staying with us this weekend, remember. Mr Turner's going out of town." Cory reminded him. Olivia walked behind them, zoning out and not hearing their conversation.

Honestly, she was kind of hurt and a little bit...lonely. Ever since Cory and Topanga started dating, her and Topanga started hanging out less. She understood why, but it still hurt her a little. Not to mention, Shawn dating the whole 8th grade and then some, which occupied most of his time. These days, she spent her time, alone, in her room. So, when Shawn cancelled their plans all because of a girl, it kinda hurt.

"Liv?" Shawn asked, snapping his fingers in front of her face. She snapped out her thoughts, looking up at him. "Oh...um hi." She said with a small smile. "You okay?" He asked. She nodded her head and gave him a tight lipped smile. "Yeah, I'm good. Hey, um, I'm gonna...go. I've got some things to do." She stated. "See you guys around." She walked past her two friends, walking down the hall, alone.

——————————

"I mean, what the heck does Veronica Watson have that makes all the boys go crazy? The boys act like she's some sexy goddess...she wears low rise jeans for God's sake! Every stinking boy at the school nearly leaped at the chance to get into her pants when her and Dennis broke up. Including Shawn! Especially Shawn! Like, I know how he's like, but geez. Do boys not have any self respect or control? Are they all STUPID? And you know what's funny? Shawn wants me to come over to Cory's place on Saturday and help make the date special. The audacity of him! He blew me off, but what's my help? Men, the only thing they have is the AUDACITY!" Olivia ranted as she paced back and forth in her room. Her breathing was ragged and her knuckles aching due the way she was clenching her fists.