FOURTEEN

"LIV, wait up!" Shawn called out. The girl let out a small sigh and kept walking, ignoring the boy calling out to her. Lately, she found herself snapping more and more at Shawn. Every time she saw Shawn with a girl, anger filled her body. Anger she would later take out on Shawn. She knew she had to talk to him and she knew Shawn didn't deserve to be treated like this, but she was so conflicted.

      The boy grabbed her arm, pulling her back slightly. She looked up at him, biting down on her bottom lip gently. "Liv, I was calling your name." He told her. She nodded her head, looking down at the ground.

"Sorry, I didn't hear." She lied. He frowned slightly and placed his hands on her shoulders. "You okay?" He asked softly. She glanced at him and nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm okay." She replied giving him a small smile.

      The two of them walked down the hall silently as she played with the hem of her t-shirt. "How was your weekend?" He questioned, breaking the silence. "Um, it was okay. I just stayed home." She shrugged. "Why didn't you come over?" He asked. "We could've hung out."

      She looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "You had like two dates this weekend." She stated. He rubbed the back of his neck and nodded his head. "Well, I would've cancelled them if you wanted to come over." He offered.

She gave him a small smile and shook her head. "No, you wouldn't have. And that's fine, Shawn." She assured him. She turned away from him, continuing to walk down the hall.

     They turned the corner, seeing Cory and Topanga talking, smiles on their faces. Shawn rushed over to the boy once Topanga left. Olivia followed behind him, fixing the straps of her backpack. "Cory, were you just talking to Topanga?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

      "Yeah. Well, I was feeling a little chatty and, you know, even though we broke up, we're still friends." Cory replied with a shrug. "Which is perfectly normal." Olivia chimed in. Shawn shook his head and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.  "She's your ex. Let me spell that for you. X!" He exclaimed.

      "It's spelled, E-X." Olivia corrected him, letting out a small laugh.

      "Look, Shawn, Topanga and I aren't like other couples." Cory responded.

      "You're not a couple!" Shawn reminded him.

      "Yeah, I know that." Cory nodded.

      Olivia sighed and rolled her eyes. "Look, Shawn, I know you don't know much about relationships, but Cory and Topanga were friends for years before they dated. It's not weird for them to still be friendly with each other. Plus, they broke up on good terms." She told the boy.

      Shawn crossed his arms and looked at her. "What do you mean I don't know much about relationships? I've dated a lot of girls." He said defensively.

Olivia nodded and looked at him. "Yeah, you've dated a lot of girls, practically the whole school, but you only date a girl for two days and then you're onto the next. So, does it really even count as a relationship? I think not." She hummed, shrugging her shoulders.

      Before Shawn could reply, Topanga walked over to the three of them, a smile on her face. "Hey, Liv. Hey, Shawn." She said cheerily. "Cory, I double-checked. We have to be there at three for the Promwear Fashion Fest."

      "Fashion Fest?" Shawn asked in confusion.  "Yeah, This Saturday, Cory and I are modeling formalwear for the prom." Topanga replied. Olivia gasped and walked over to her friend, excitedly. "Oh my gosh, that means you get to wear prom dresses! Oh, you're so lucky, Topi." The girl pouted as she grabbed her friend's hand excitedly.