Chapter 1: Saved

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any characters mentioned, they all belong to Koyoharu Gotouge and Ufotable.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Sanemi POV:
As I walk down the path back to my estate, I happen to bump into Kanae, the flower pillar.

"Hello, Shinazugawa-Kun! What brings you out here?"

I think about what to say for a moment.

"Hello, Kochou. I'm heading back to my estate. I just finished a mission. Where are you headed?"

Kanae doesn't hesitate to reply.

"I have a mission! Many people, especially women, have been going missing over by a small town. Oyakata-Sama suspects that it's an upper rank demon."

My eyes slightly widen as she says her last sentence. I'm not sure how to reply to her, but I do my best to reply.

"I wish you the best of luck, Kochou."

She stands still for a moment as she seems to be thinking about something. She gives up and simply returns a smile.

"Well, I better get going. Goodbye, Shinazugawa-Kun!"

"Goodbye, Kochou. I wish to see you in good health after your mission."

She walks off, still smiling. As she walks away, I get a bad feeling that something is going to happen. I want to follow her but I'm not allowed to accompany her unless master gives me permission to. I quickly head back to master's mansion to ask if I can go with her. As I get there, I knock, softly but loud enough to hear. His wife, Amane, welcomes me in. I bow to her before I begin to speak.

"Hello, is Oyakata-Sama occupied at the moment?"

"No, were you hoping to speak to him?"

"Yes. I was hoping to ask him something."

Amane nods and heads into a separate room, I'm assuming to ask master if I can go speak to him. She returns and motions me to follow her. We enter the room where master is sitting down, looking out his window. He turns his head back to me and begins to talk.

"Hello, Shinazugawa. The weather is lovely today isn't it?"

I bow before responding.

"Yes, the weather is lovely, master."

He motions for me to sit down. I sit down as he continues.

"What did you want to ask me, my child?"

"I was hoping to accompany Kochou, the flower pillar, on her mission."

Master thinks for a moment.

"Why is it that you want to go with her?"

"I happened to bump into her on her way out and as she walked away I had a gut feeling that something would happen."

"Shinazugawa, I trust your judgement. You may go follow her on her mission."

"Thank you, master."

I bow to him, then I head out the door. I quickly head to where Kanae was sent. I decided I wouldn't step in unless something happened. Kanae seemed to have been seriously injured on her left leg. She was using her haori to glide around and dodge the demon's attacks. I look toward the demon and I see "Upper Moon 2" imprinted in his eyes. I look back toward Kanae who is severely struggling to even move. Suddenly, she gets hit by the demon's attack and faints. As she falls down, I run to catch her.  I quickly dash by and grab her, bridal style. The location wasn't too far from Kanae's estate so I managed to get there in about 20 minutes. I rush into the estate to find her sister, Shinobu.

"Shinazugawa-San, I told you not to run in the estat-"

As she looks to me, her gaze averts to Kanae, who is bleeding in my arms.

"Take her to room 6. Immediately."

I rush down the hall with Shinobu following close behind. Shinobu stops at a different room to get the other girl, Aoi. I quickly set Kanae down in one of the beds. Aoi and Shinobu come in just as I set her down.

"Shinazugawa-San, you're gonna have to wait outside. You can go take a shower to clean all the blood off yourself. I'll tell the other girls to wash your clothes."

"Kochou, I'm fine. I'll shower back at my estate later, for now I'm staying put."

Before I knew it, I was sitting outside with freshly washed clothes and sopping wet hair. The look of confusion on my face was very much noticeable. I came back to reality after I realized that Kanae was still on a thin line between life and death. I rushed back to the room where Kanae was staying, only to find that she was no longer there. I went back to find Mini Kochou to ask where Kanae was.

"I moved her to her room so she could rest. Nobody's allowed in there."

I argued with her for a few hours and then it got really late and I decided to just check on her in the morning.