Chapter 3: Announcement

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any characters mentioned, they all belong to Koyoharu Gotouge and Ufotable.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Sanemi POV:
Today is the day that Kanae is supposed to announce her pregnancy. We were all called down to a meeting but nobody other than me, Kochou, and mini Kochou knew why. It frustrates me to know that the father could be either Himejima, a man who I respect very much, or Tomioka. If it is Tomioka, I swear I'm gonna beat him till he passes out. There was the possibility that I was the father but that wasn't very likely. Kochou and Himejima got along very well, and Kochou would constantly be friendly with Tomioka, although that's how she is with everyone. Me and Kochou didn't have any sort of connection in that way.

"My children, Kanae Kochou, the flower pillar has an important announcement to make."

Everyone turns their heads to
look up at Oyakata-Sama. Kochou walks up to the porch where Master is standing and she clears her throat before continuing.

"Good Morning, everyone. I requested for this meeting to be called because I wanted to announce a special surprise!"

She was interrupted by Hayami-Chan, the wisteria pillar.

"Pardon me, Kanae-San but I have a mission to go to right after this so I would appreciate if we could speed this up."

This annoyed me very much. The tone that she used was sincere meaning that she really didn't want to hurt Kochou feelings, but it still angered me.

"Fuji, let her speak."

She nodded and turned back to Kochou.

"Sorry, Hayami-Chan! Your mission is important so I'll just say it before anyone else gets angry."

She clears her throat once more, seeming very nervous.

"I'm pregnant!"

Everyone else stood still nobody moved or spoke until Himejima spoke up.

"I shall pray for a smooth delivery."

Hayami-Chan finally shook off her shock and congratulated Kochou.

"Congratulations, Kanae-San! Who's the father?"

"That's just the thing. I'm not exactly sure who the father is."

Kochou looked to the ground and rubbed her arm.

"Kochou, if you're to nervous to say the rest of it, I'll do it."

"Thank you, Shinazugawa-Kun, but really I'm fine!"

She turns back to the rest of the Hashira and continues.

"I most likely became pregnant late night on my birthday. As, I went overboard with the drinks and the only thing I remember is either entering or passing by Tomioka's estate. So, it could be Shinazugawa-Kun, Himejima-San, or Tomioka-Kun."

I looked down to avoid anyone questioning why I was angry. Meanwhile, Tomioka sat up and Himejima stopped praying. Kochou started sweating and decided to just end it there.

"We'll have to wait another 8 months in order to get a DNA test to tell who the father is. That's all I wanted to say! I hope you all have a nice day!"

Master excused everyone and we all went our separate ways. As soon as I got back to my estate I ran to my room and began to shove, throw, or kick whatever was near me. I wasn't sure why I was so angry but I was. After I finished my short tantrum, I realized that my crow had been standing at my window the entire time. I was embarrassed to know that an animal had watched me act like a little kid.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT YOU PESKY BIRD!?"

"Kaw, Kaw!! Kanae Kochou, flower pillar, has a mission and requests you to go accompany her! Kaw, Kaw!! Repeat, Kanae Kochou, flower pillar, has a mission and requests you to go accompany her! Kaw, Kaw!!"

I was somewhat shocked to know that Kochou had requested me, specifically, to join her. The crow told me to meet Kochou outside her estate. I quickly picked up my sword, as I had thrown it against the wall, and ran back to Kochou's estate. When I got there I saw Kanae sitting on the porch with Hayami-Chan standing over her.

"Hayami-Chan, aren't you supposed to be on a mission?"

"Not anymore. Turns out, some other slayers were sent there and they finished off the demon. I was only sent incase it was a Kizuki."

"Ah, I see."

"What about you, Kanae-San? Aren't you supposed to be out in a mission?"

"I requested for Shinazugawa-Kun to go with me! I'm just here waiting for him."

Hayami-Chan looks at her with an 'ooohhh you like him' kinda face and Kochou, knowing what she meant, covered her face and turned bright red.

"Hayami-Chan!!! It's not like that!"

———————————————
Author-Chan: I'm going to pause there cuz I can't keep this going forever. Have a good day, everyone! Hope you enjoyed!