Chapter 2: Surprise

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any characters mentioned, they all belong to Koyoharu Gotouge and Ufotable.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Kanae POV:
I wake up to the sun in my face and 3 figures over me. I squint my eyes to block the sun. One of the figures seemed to have realized that the sun was bothering me and closed the window.  I fully open my eyes and identify the figures as Shinazugawa-Kun, Shinobu-Chan, and Aoi-Chan. Aoi and Shinobu-Chan are on my right with Shinazugawa-Kun on my left.

"Né-San! You're awake!"

I attempt to speak but nothing comes out. Shinazugawa-Kun sits me up slightly and helps me to drink a glass of water that was on my nightstand.

"Thank you, Shinazugawa-Kun."

"You're welcome."
He says as he puts the glass down and lays me back in my bed.

"What happened?"

Shinobu-Chan and Shinazugawa-Kun share a look before Shinobu-Chan nods.

"You fought Upper Rank 2. You almost died, but thankfully I got there in time to take you back here for treatment. If I had been even a minute late, you wouldn't have made it."

"Then, how long was I out?"

"You've only been out for about 2 1/2 weeks."

I close my eyes and give a weak nod. I opened my eyes again and looked back at Shinobu and Aoi-Chan. I had just now noticed that Shinobu-Chan seems very angry and Aoi-Chan is just staring at the floor.

"Né-San, why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?"

My eyes widen at her question. I was very confused at her question. Shinazugawa-Kun looks down at the floor.

"What do you mean, Shinobu-Chan? I'm not pregnant."

"Stop playing dumb, Né-san. I know you're pregnant."

"No, Shinobu-Chan. I'm not pregnant. I don't know where you got that idea."

"Then what's this!?"

She moves to the side slightly and behind her, is an x-ray monitor, showing that I was in fact pregnant.

"What!? I wasn't aware that I was pregnant!"

"NÉ-SAN STOP PLAYING DUMB! YOU HAD TO HAVE KNOWN! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

"Shinobu-Chan, please calm down!"

Shinazugawa-Kun suddenly moves to Shinobu-Chan.

"Quiet down, you're stressing her out."

Aoi-Chan decides to get back to her duties and leaves. Shinobu-Chan still looks visibly angry but she does quiet down. Shinazugawa moves back to his position, on my left.

"Shinobu-Chan, I really didn't kn-"

I suddenly cough out blood. Shinazugawa-Kun sits me up immediately and brings a small hand towel up to my face as he leans my head forward. Shinobu runs to my right and helps clean up all the blood. I'm still struggling to breathe. Shinazugawa-Kun holds me up so I can get some air. Shinobu-Chan opens the window. I began to get air again and Shinazigawa-Kun quietly sets me back down.

"Thank you."

Shinobu-Chan just nods and Shinazugawa-Kun has no reaction.

"Né-San, you really didn't know?"

"No, I don't recall ever-"

My face goes red thinking about that process.

"Doing that."

Shinazugawa-Kun seems somewhat angry. Though, it wasn't anger, he was feeling upset or maybe it was that he was disappointed.

"Né-San, do you remember that one night that the Hashira all threw a party for your birthday?"

I think for a moment, then respond.

"Yes, I remember."

"Well, that night, you got drunk and stayed the night at a different estate. I assume that, because you weren't home and Oyakata-Sama said you followed another Hashira to their estate."

"Did he tell you who it was?"

"No, he said he couldn't tell who it was but that you two were holding hands the entire walk."

"I can't seem to remember that night very well, so yes I'd assume that I must've gone overboard with the drinks."

"Né-San, do you have ANY memory of what happened that night?"

"Hmm. I don't seem to be able to remember much. Although, I have memory of either passing by or entering Tomioka's estate."

"Né-San, that doesn't help very much. That means that it could be either Tomioka, Shinazugawa, or Gyomei."

(A/N: I'm just making stuff up but basically in this, Gyomei and Shinazugawa are Giyuu's neighbor's. So she could've entered Giyuu's estate or passed by it to Gyomei's or Shinazugawa's. Because those three are the only three that were Hashira during her time, and were around her age.)

"I don't remember much. Everything else is a blur."

"Well, you're birthday was only a month ago, so we'll have to wait another 8 months to get a DNA to see who's the father."

(A/N: Again, im making this up because google won't tell me when Kanae's birthday is. So, im just gonna say that it's January 2nd.)

"I guess so."

_______________________________
Author-Chan: I have no ideas for how this story will end, I'm just making stuff up as I go. Basically, this'll be the 8 months that pass until the birth of her child. I have an idea for the EXACT moment of the end but I'm not gonna say it, just because I want you all to suffer. 💅