chapter 3 - crows

TW: injury, violence

------

It reached late afternoon, and all Y/n had found was some more food in the form of tinned salmon.

She decided to stop for the night, it was already getting dark. Setting up a shelter was hard enough without the undead crawling around. She threw her satchel on the ground and fell against the wall of the towns old library. Or what remained of it.

She sat there silently for a few moments. Taking in the smell of dusty ruins.

(im hoping you can imagine this as well lol)

Listening to the distant whoosh sound as endermen starting teleporting out of their daytime hiding spots.
The crows had finally stopped screeching. She sat up.

The crows had stopped screeching.

The crows never stop screeching.

Without thinking Y/n immediately got up and ran to where she never would've dared to go as a child: the cemetery.

Noone was really buried there as far as she knew, it had only been set up a few months before Doomsday. Anyone that died that day was taken away by whoever was left to care about them, and buried somewhere else. But still. All of the crows hung around there. If they had stopped screeching, then something was definitely wrong.

She continued weaving around fallen bricks to cross the other side of the city before she heard the noises of a highly agitated enderman.

Followed by a distinctly more human scream.

Her heart stopped.

She kept running, before reaching the cemetery gates.

Before her was a horrible, 9ft tall creature, with dangly arms but long sharp claws, towering over...

...a human???

Unsheathing her sword she immediately went for the enderman, but it had already teleported somewhere else.

Hesitantly, Y/n crept up to the unconscious figure, who had a very nasty gash in his left arm. He had fluffy brown hair and was had a very worn out, yet maintained, green shirt.

 He had fluffy brown hair and was had a very worn out, yet maintained, green shirt

(this is what mr mysterious unconscious person was wearing ;])

Directly next to him on the ground was a battered nuclear mask. He seemed fully armed with various items, such as knives, and... hand grenades? Y/n hadn't seen those for a while.

How did he let an enderman get the best of him?

Still recovering from the shock of seeing a human for the first time in three years, Y/n stared at him closely.

He doesn't seem harmless, she thought, before quickly realising his arm was still bleeding, and badly. His face had gone very white now.

Shit shit shit She frantically emptied out her bag in hopes of finding what she needed quicker.

This better be worth it Y/n peeled away the torn fabric from the boy's shirt to inspect the wound more closely. It wasn't as deep as she thought but it was still bleeding pretty heavily. She grabbed a small bottle from the clutter of stuff from her bag and uncorked it. Carefully, she tipped the bright pink contents into the boy's slightly open mouth, and waited. After a few minutes, the bleeding wasn't getting any worse. In fact, if anything, it had stopped, and the wound seemed a lot cleaner, as though it had been recovering for several days already. The colour had returned to the unconscious boy's face, much to the relief of Y/n. She then tied her last bandage around his arm, as a precautionary measure.

Suddenly, several footsteps which she had not heard approaching stopped a good ten metres behind her.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM"

------

587 words

i wonder who all these people are ;)

don't forget to get some rest, and take care of yourself <3