chapter 7 - enderman

this ones a bit longer hehe enjoy ;)

TW: injury

------------

After a while, Y/n forgot about The Group. She focused on surviving for the most part, which was becoming increasingly difficult. It might've just been her imagination, but the mobs seemed to become more common and a lot more aggressive. She was down to her last Health Potion, and she hadn't eaten for three days. (a/n if you haven't eaten today, please do <3)

Y/n climbed onto a ledge overlooking the abandoned city. She dumped her satchel on the ground and pulled her respirator off. She breathed in the fresh air and sat down. The air was clean up here.

On her left was the tower where the mayor had ruled. From what Y/n knew, hadnt done a very good job, leading into what everyone had called Doomsday. The building was now crumbling in on itself, with the support beams sticking out of the rubble like a thick metal skeleton. Vines draped over the sides of the walls, and moss peeked through the cracks.

On Y/n's right there wasn't anything other than the forest that she played in as a child. Her parents often told her not to go too far into it, but that had never stopped her. Now, as she looked longingly into the thick, wild mesh of trees, vines and foliage, she knew she could never frolic in there as she used to.

Directly in front of her was the the tangled, ruined mess of shops, houses, establishments that had been her home. She bit her lip in frustration as she pondered the same questions she had been asking herself for the past few years: What the fuck happened here and why???

A beam of orange light on her face brought Y/n back to reality. She looked up at the setting sun and smiled. Sunsets were the one thing Y/n loved about her abandoned home town. It wasn't going anywhere soon. As the sun dipped down below the horizon, Y/n lay down where she was on the ledge. She stared up into the sky. She became aware that her limbs were now aching from a long day of climbing over the wreckage. Her eyelids began
to feel heavy and she started drifting off into what would be a well deserved rest....

Y/n's eyes snapped open as a loud, ear-piercing scream filled the air, followed by the unmistakable shriek of an enderman.

"Jesus Christ-"

Y/n sat up. She would've been shocked at the human scream if she hadn't remembered that The Group existed. Still, she was surprised that they were still around, assuming of course that the scream came from one of them.

Endermen must really hate these guys, huh- Y/n thought to herself as she peered over the ledge. She could just make out the trace of purple particles where the enderman had disappeared, then saw where it reappeared close by. She could just make out the silhouette of a boy on the ground below. He wasn't moving. Y/n hesitated. She didn't want to get involved and get shot at again but... she couldn't just let the kid die...

Unless maybe of course its the bossy one, she thought, before pushing that aside. She peered over the edge again. The boy was still lying there. The enderman had moved on.

If no-ones come to help him by now... maybe he's alone, Y/n realised with a sudden surge of hope. She grabbed her satchel from the ground, checked nothing had fallen out, and pulled her respirator over her face.

This bitch better be grateful...

Tommy POV:

"It's not that hard', yea right, that bitch-" I muttered as I wandered the empty streets.

Wilbur had decided it would be best if I go back for the food we had found at the back of a fast food place before we left. It's not like we found anything good. Like who the hell just has canned oysters in the back of a burger joint?

"We'lL sTaRt hEadInG baCk!" I said in an angry high-pitched voice, mocking Wil. "You jUst CAtCh uP wIth Us when you're done! YoU knOw tHe WaY bAck rIgHt?"

Of course my fucking compass decides to act up now. I swear to fucking god if Michael or Shroud touched it again-

My thoughts were interrupted by a flash of purple out of the corner of my eye. I froze, and placed a hesitant hand on the handle of my axe. I heard a weird gargling sort of noise directly above me. I slowly turned around and looked up.

Big fucking mistake.

Two bright purple eyes stared at me angrily for a moment before the creature hissed angrily and disappeared in a poof of purple particles.

"What the fuc-"

I suddenly felt a burning pain in my shoulder and yelped.

"MOTHERFUCKER-" I screamed in agony as I collapsed to the ground. My back seized up as I immediately felt the cuts stinging. I felt the blood start to slowly drip down my back. The creature was still hissing at me angrily. It kept teleporting around me, swiping at every inch it could reach with its long claws before disappearing again, only to reappear for another go. Each swipe of its claws was another deep gash in my shoulders and back. Finally, just when I couldn't take anymore, it disappeared for good.

My eyes watered with the pain, blurring my vision. In front of me was a blurred haze of purple and black. I slumped over. My head was throbbing and I had lost feeling in my legs. A sudden searing pain on the side of my head told me I had hit it on the ground. My whole body ached. I fumbled for the instant health potion I always kept in my belt. My whole body surged with pain one last time before everything went black.

-----------------

993 words :O

hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

the next few chapters are hopefully going to be as long and as exciting :D

don't forget to eat something, do your homework, drink some water, get off wattpad for a bit <3