chapter 5 - night

Wilbur POV:

I lowered my gun, slowly. The person had ran off into the night.

"Wilbur what the fuck!" Tommy yelled, turning to face me.

"Are you insane?? Why would you just start shooting at them they weren't doing anything wrong!!" he shouted.

"Did you not just see them crouching over Tubbo? They could've killed him for all we know!"

"Yea, but like, they might've been helping..."

"Tommy, when was the last time someone ever helped us?"

Tommy fell silent at that.

I turned to where Ranboo was kneeling over Tubbo, who was still on the ground looking dazed.

"Tubbo, what happened, did they hurt you?" I said, kneeling to eye level.

"No... I don't... think so... I think it was an enderman that got me."

Tubbo craned his neck to look at his now bandaged arm.

"Ranboo, did you do this bossman? Thanks, it hurts way less..."

Ranboo shook his head.

"That's how we found you." The tall boy looked up at me.

"You don't think that person-"

"No. There is no way they could've been helping us."

Tommy POV:

"OI DICKHEAD, COME BACK"

It was too late. Whoever that person was, they'd run too far already.

"Wilbur what the fuck!!!" I turned to face my brother, who looked fucking furious.

"Are you insane?? Why would you just start shooting at them they weren't doing anything wrong!!"

Wilbur was not happy at that. Started going on some bullshit about how no-one helps us anymore.

Just because our history sucks doesn't mean we do.

Tubbo was on the ground, confused, with Ranboo next to him. As Wilbur went to check on him, I looked at where the figure had disappeared to.

What the fuck.

They hadn't seen anyone new for almost five years, and when they do, fucking Wilbur has to scare them off. Great.

I kicked a stone in pure frustration.

"Tommy." Wilbur brought me back to reality.

"Wot?" I spat, a little too angrily.

"I said, can you make the fire tonight? Here's fine to sleep." he said impatiently.

I grinned.

"You mean you just don't want a repeat of last night?"

Wilbur scowled and turned his attention back to Tubbo.

Turns out Wilbur doesn't do too well when it comes to creepers walking into smouldering campfires.

~ time skip ~

"...so then it just cornered me into a wall, and of course I panicked, I'm not used to seeing endermen around-"

Tubbo was dramatically retelling his encounter as we sat huddled around the burning pile of twigs I had managed to find.

Wilbur had decided it would be best if we stayed awake as long as possible, in case The Person came back, as opposed to doing shifts.

Ranboo had already fallen asleep however and was sprawled out on his mat, taken up a lot of space in the tiny makeshift shelter.

Wilbur, the fucking hypocrite, also looked ready to doze off, faking mild interest at Tubbo's story. His mind was clearly elsewhere.

As for me, being the big man I am, I was clearly doing the best job of faking interest. My mind was also elsewhere. I had so many questions.

Why were there endermen here? We never get them back home.

How had we only just found this place? I thought we'd scouted the entire map.

Who the fuck is The Person and what do they want? Are there more?

Eventually, Tubbo fell asleep whilst rambling on about a light at the end of a tunnel, and flopped over next to Ranboo. "Finally," muttered Wilbur as he too laid down to sleep. I did the same.

I rolled over onto my side to face the campfire. Sleep eventually caught up with me as I stared into the dying flames.

----------

622 words

what do we think of the new POVs hmmm?

have a good rest of your day/night, wherever you are <3