chapter 10 - backstory

Tw: death, verbal abuse

Y/n POV:

"I guess I can't remember too much, all I remember is living here." I gestured to the piles of rubble surrounding us.
"Then Doomsday happened and I ended up by myself, wandering around, looking for somewhere to stay. Eventually I found this desert place."

I shifted slightly, starting to become uncomfortable. What I was about to share with Tommy I had told no one. I mean, not that there had anyone to tell.

Tommy POV:

Y/n's face fell slightly, and her eyes became glazed as she zoned out. She seemed deep in concentration, like she was trying to decide how to word her next sentence. After a few moments she turned back to me, smiling, and brushing her hair out of her eyes, continued.

"I slept under a bench for a few nights, until someone found me. They took me in and, well, that's where I lived for a while." Y/n shrugged and bit her lip.

"Did you like it there?"

"Oh, yea, everyone there was so nice, taught me everything I know, they were like a second- well, maybe not second since I can't really remember my first, but like a family to me.

"So why'd you leave?" I asked, without thinking. Y/n looked down at her hands, and starting picking at her fingers again.

"I just... needed somewhere new. A new start." she added, not looking up. I frowned.

"But if-"

"I think that's enough questions." Y/n got up hastily and grabbed her bag. She turned to leave.

"Wait! Y/n..." She stopped and looked over her shoulder.

"Why don't you come back with me?"

---------

292 words

a/n SORRY FOR NOT POSTING I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY OH GOD

also sorry for such a short chapter it gets interesting soon i promise 😭

dreams face reveal is soon i cant believe it djfhzfsagwdg

anyway take care of yourselves, stay hydrated mwa <3