chapter 8 - tommy, pt 1

another nice long one :)

Tw: wound description

Y/n's POV:

As Y/n scrambled down from the ledge, distant screeches and rumbles came from around her as the night life stirred. She finally reached the ground and took a moment to catch her breath.

Fuck fuck fuck she thought as she caught sight of the boy lying on the ground, completely motionless.

(a/n: did you guys know that if all forces are balanced on an object then that object will remain at a constant speed or stay still, fun fact i learnt in science today ok sorry continue on with the story)

Y/n slowly crept closer to the boy to get a better look. She caught a glimpse of blonde hair and let out a breath of relief that she didnt even know she was holding. Filled with a slight bit more confidence she crept over to him, and crouched down beside his unconscious body. She inhaled deeply through her teeth as she saw the blood seeping through his clothes. He was lying awkwardly on his side, limbs sprawled like a limp doll. There was a nasty gash on his head where he must've hit it.

Y/n carefully and gently rolled him over so she could inspect the wound properly. She fumbled in her bag for a bit before pulling out a roll of bandages. Gingerly peeling away the torn fabric, she could see where the enderman had used him as a scratching post. She winced with half-sympathy as she saw the several long deep gashes across his back, arms and shoulders. They were all bright red and freely bleeding, and he had already lost a lot of blood. She carefully removed the old, yellowed bandages and hurriedly got to work applying the new. bandages over the worst of the wounds, before wrapping his head up. She pulled out a bottle with a bright pink liquid, the same as with the last boy.

Goddammit, this guy better be grateful, she thought again as she uncorked it. This is my last Instant Health Potion. She hesitated, then tipped the contents into the boy's slightly open mouth. She waited. Nothing happened. After a few minutes, she realised with relief, the bleeding wasn't getting any worse. The boy's face, however, was now very pale.

Shit shit shit please work please work- she thought frantically, thinking of what would happen to her if one of the others stumbled across her sitting next to their dead friend.

The boy's eyes flew open, and he let out a loud cry of shock. Y/n jumped to her feet hastily.

"WHAT THE FU-" Y/n quickly clamped a hand over his mouth.

"Will you shut up?" she hissed. "The last thing we need is another enderman!!"

The boy's eyes swam around distractedly before focusing on Y/n.

"Who the hell are you??" he croaked out in a hoarse whisper. He tried to sit up and scuffle backwards, but immediately groaned in pain, clutching his head.

"I could ask the same of you, if I'm being honest." Y/n said rather crossly, her voice sounding extra thick and gravelly through her voice changer. I knew it, I knew it, ungrateful bi-

"Did you do this?" The boy was asking, looking at his now bandaged hand, flexing his fingers.

Y/n blinked.

"What?"

"Did you put these on?" the boy repeated, now looking up at Y/n with a baffled, curious expression.

Y/n shifted slightly on the spot.

"Uh yea that... that was me, yea..."

The boy nodded to himself, looking at his newly bandaged arms with satisfaction.

"Thanks, man, this is... wow.." He looked very surprised.

"Don't mention it" Y/n said awkwardly, with the sudden realisation that this was the first proper interaction she had had with someone in three years, not, of course, including when this guy's companion tried to shoot her. There were a few more moments of silence as the boy sat there, taking in his surroundings.

"Well, good luck with... whatever, I guess, I'll head off now then..." Y/n turned and started to leave, having had enough of the uncomfortable silence.

"No no wait! Don't go, man!" the boy called out after her. She turned to face him, shocked. In the dim light of the broken streetlight, she could see he looked sincere, maybe even a bit grateful, maybe even a little... scared?

The boy sighed.

"Look, its not everyday I have someone new to talk to, can you just... stay here? For a bit? I can't exactly go anywhere like this can I?" He gestured at his bandages.

Y/n paused then started walking back.

"Are you... alone?" she said cautiously. The boy suddenly scowled, and nodded

"Fucking Wilbur decided it would be a good idea to leave me in charge of extra supplies." he scoffed, pulling out a can of oysters and what looked like an apple with a yellowish tinge.

"What is that?" Y/n asked, pointing to the apple. The boy looked up in shock.

"What, never seen a golden apple before?" Y/n shook her head. The boy looked rather offended, then looked up.

"Where've you been for the last three years, bossman?" he chuckled, biting into the apple, before offering it to Y/n. She looked at it suspiciously, before sitting next to the boy. She took a bite of the apple and nearly died at how good it tasted. It was sweet, but not too sweet. It was perfectly crispy and without a doubt the highest standard an apple could possibly be. Not to mention, every bite she took made her feel as though liquid gold was running through her; it gave her a light, dreamy feeling, as though she could do anything. She took about three more huge chomps before the boy had to take it out her hands, laughing.

"The name's Tommy by the way. Big Man Tommyinnit" the boy said, offering his hand whilst finishing off the golden apple.

"Y/n" Y/n replied, shaking Tommy's hand. His face suddenly screwed up in confusion.

"'Y/n'???" That's a girl's names, innit??"

(a/n - apologies if your name is a unisex/masc name T-T)

"What do you- oh." Y/n paused, then decided she could trust Tommy. There was something about him that instantly led her to trust him. Maybe it was the apple. Who knows. She pulled off her mask that concealed her voice changer and brushed wisps of h/c hair out of her face, and smiled.

"Is this better?" She said, her voice suddenly much different now that the respirator was gone. Tommy simply stared, baffled.

"You're a woman?? What the fuck???" he exclaimed in astonishment.

"What, never seen a woman before? Where've you been for the past three years?" Y/n teased, laughing at the look on his face.

"Of course not, I'm a big man, I'm constantly surrounded by women" Tommy said, puffing his chest out.

"Fuckin' hell, though, who woulda thought... Tommy shook his head, still in awe, then frowned.

"Is it just you round here?" Y/n nodded.

"In all honesty, you and your friends were the first people I'd seen in three years" she admitted.

-------------------

1209 words whaaaaaaaaaaat :O

finally Y/n meets someone without being shot, how we feeling :]

new chapter tomorrow probably, see you then <3

reminder to follow my instagram, cocoakat_ , ill eventually start posting art from this story there :)

love you guys, drink some water, eat something, get some sleep tonight <33

🌿, get off wattpad now istg <3