CHAPTER 16: Questions

Don't Make Assumptions

Don't Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life. 

Don Miguel Ruiz

-------

After that night, Luke began to make our hugs a routine. He would hug me tightly every time we would part after the gym sessions.

Then in the mornings, he would give me quick side hugs.

And I didn't know what to think anymore.

He said to Marcus that he never saw me that way but to me, his actions are similar to someone who has a romantic interest.

Am I insane and deluding myself?

Because I couldn't ask, I decided to go with the flow and wait for him to explain.

I just hope that we are on the same page and not thinking about different things. If that were the case, I would be devastated.

I had a million questions for him. A lot of unsolved things that keep happening between us. Explanations about the kiss that he doesn't seem to remember, why he keeps looking at me like he wants to say more whenever we part, or the reason behind those tight hugs that seem to tell me to never let go.

I also want to know why he texts me every day to tell me good morning and good night and then says nothing else.

Why does he look at me with such fondness whenever I explain something and smiles so brightly.

Because if I don't receive an explanation I will keep misunderstanding.

I might not have a lot of experience but I am not ignorant enough to not catch on to his actions. Because friends do not act like that.

Due to the upcoming party, I needed a dress for the occasion and I invited my mom to come shopping with me. Of course, I invited my father too but as always he didn't answer my texts.

I was hurt by those actions. I was trying to keep the relationship going but I could not force things. I can't be the only one putting effort.

My mom agreed and we came to the shopping mall. We had breakfast and we caught up with each other. She acted as if nothing happened between us. She never apologized for her harsh words and I didn't either.

I kept thinking that I did nothing wrong. Apologizing for seeking my happiness was something that I won't do.

My mom never brought up the topic again and acted as usual. It was fine with me but there was something that I forgot. Her harsh criticism of my body.