CHAPTER 17: Progress

Believe me, my journey has not been a simple journey of progress

Believe me, my journey has not been a simple journey of progress. There have been many ups and downs, and it is the choices that I made at each of those times that have helped shape what I have achieved. 

Satya Nadella

-----

Mariano and I went back and forth for the past weeks discussing the project and I was closer and closer to sealing the deal.

My father is head over heels with his young lover. I even dare to say that he's blinded by her.

So blinded that he has been neglecting his duties in the office making my job easier. It only adds more proof for my revenge plan.

So I kind of wanted to thank that woman for making him lose his mind.

"I tried to get in contact with your father but he's been ignoring my calls and emails" yours and everyone's, I wanted to say to his secretary who called me desperate that he hasn't shown up at the office for the past week.

He's been on vacation with his lover who knows where, the job long forgotten.

So I was euphoric that everything was going smoothly without any setbacks. Soon I will take my revenge and breathe freely.

Sophia...

I've been denying it for a while but I'm just lying to myself.

I like her.

I like her so much that it hurts me to see that I can't give her a proper answer.

Not because I doubt my feelings or hers but because I still need to keep my facade for revenge.

She also distracts me and whenever I am around her I forget about the revenge and that terrifies me.

Because ever since my mother died my only goal in life was to make my father pay for all the pain he's caused us.

And being with Sophia I feel that revenge has no meaning. It makes me feel like my purpose is to be with her.

I said to Marcus that I don't see her that way, trying to believe the lie myself but failed miserably.

And then I lost my cool and went to tell her to basically wait for me. A terrible mistake because I do not deserve her.

I was wrong all along. Sophia was and is my type from day one.

I used to base my type on their outer appearance but after meeting her all I look for is the way she makes me feel.

"You can't fool me, Luke! I've known you for years and I've never seen you joke, laugh, and smile that much in my life. You like her and hard!" Marcus said to me two days ago and this time I couldn't deny it.

And after I admitted to myself that I liked Sophia, I've been bolder around her.

And those hugs are damn addictive...