CHAPTER 23

"There is strange comfort in knowing that no matter what happens today, the Sun will rise again tomorrow

"There is strange comfort in knowing that no matter what happens today, the Sun will rise again tomorrow."

Aaron Lauritsen 

------

My sperm donor came into the conference room with a frown on his face, clearly surprised by the sight. All the shareholders were present as well as some very important investors. The screen also had on live about thirty other important investors who could not be present.

He sensed something wasn't right the moment he saw my lawyer Alex sitting next to me at the head of the table.

I might look composed and alright on the outside but I was actually very nervous on the inside because all of this could backfire on me and I had no Plan C in mind. But the thought of finally bringing justice to my mother after so many years was the motivation I needed to go on.

"What is the meaning of this Luke?" Anthony's voice held a promise of a discussion after this reunion was over but I had no plan to see the man ever again. Once this was over I planned to cut ties.

"Please have a sit, Mr. Reed, we're about to discuss something very important today," I said with professionalism, and my tone wasn't well received by my father as I already anticipated.

None of the things I did were good except for his decisions who were always right according to him. But I was about to crush that ego of his.

"Thank you everyone for taking time from your very busy schedules to be here. We are here to discuss the future of Reed's Homes." Anthony's face went pale and it was then that he must have realized what I was about to do.

"Currently the business is managed by me and Mr. Anthony Reed. Together we've co-managed the company for the past ten years and in that time many things happened but we've also grown as a business and we wouldn't be here without the help of all of you present today. However, there is something you all need to know" I said the last sentence looking at Anthony with a smirk.

"Mr. Anthony is not the real owner of Reed's Homes. He was given power by my mother after she passed away. Actually in reality his real name was Anthony Grieber." There were murmurs and whispers heard in the room. Everyone clearly shocked by the new information.

"My mother's shares went to Mr. Anthony after her death because at that time I was underage and unable to manage the company on my own. However, those shares were given to me as stated in her will and therefore 50% of the shares are mine." They all looked shocked by the twist because Anthony always bragged about his power in the company and how much his wife loved him and that he left him with half of the shares.

"This is of minor importance in today's meeting. The real problem we need to discuss today is Anthony Reed's competence at work." I was cut short by my father's outburst.