Home

RYUJIN

"We're gonna be late now, let's go to airport now." Lia said.

It's been three days since the last time i saw our condo and now, i decided to come with Lia, we're gonna live in Alaska, somewhere farther than this place.

That night when we ran away, we don't know what to do next after we left the condo, we're just running nonstop and i told Lia,

"I'll come wherever you go, i want to have a new life now, i want to begin again."

At first Lia doesn't want me to come because she thought that i'm only coming to her because i am at my lowest and i'm making her my saver or what but i just want to start again, it feels like there's still a chance for me to live. Lia let me come with her and this time, nothing's going on between us, we're just people who knows each other. 

We told each other that if we want to start a thing between us, it should start where we don't know each other.

"Lia? Can we visit Yeji? One last time?" I asked.

Lia went inside the car and i'm sitting besides her, i know everything to say now, there's already  a final words written in my mind that i wanted to tell Yeji. After a while, we reached the cemetery, "Lia, let me go alone." I said while i'm smiling at her.

I'm looking around while i'm slowly walking towards Yeji and when i'm already standing in front of her, i closed my eyes and imagine us, alone.

*RYUJIN'S IMAGINATION*

I'm standing in the middle of the forest where there's no trees, just grass. 

"You're here, you came back."

It was Yeji and she's wearing a white dress and her hair was curly.

I'm wearing a formal coat and i'm smiling at her, "Of course, i'll come back to you."

She was standing faraway from me and i'm slowly walking towards her, her face never change, she was so beautiful even without make up on, it was just her face and her red lips. I slowly touch her face and and hold her hand as i put it on my shoulder, "May i have this dance?" I asked.

Our face was so close to each other and we're staring into each other's eyes, "You don't need to ask, my love." Yeji said.

Our body moves as the winds flows on our skins, "Thank you for giving me life." I said.

"Shhhh!! I'm listening to your heartbeat, i'm so happy to know that you're alive." She said.

"Does it not hurt you? I'm alive, i didn't save--" I'm not done talking yet but Yeji says, "You saved me more than you think, you gave me life more than you think, you always put me in a situation where i keep saying 'What a life i have'. Every moment being with you, it was already a life that i will not forget, a life that i will keep on thinking of." She said while she's smiling at me.

"Yeji, i have a lot of words to tell you."

"Go on, i'm listening."

I put my hands on her waist and our body was already leaning into each other's skins and i can already hear her breathing. When my mouth was already close to her ear,

"Yeji, i can't put into words how much thankful i am but i'll start with the moment on how you brought happiness into my lonely world, thank you for making me smile since the moment we met, i can't forget the first day i laid eyes on you, the way you keep on playing music with a loud volume, it was unforgettable and that is also the reason why i started thinking you're different. Thank you too for being there with me through ups and downs, i can clearly remember the nights where i'm reading books and you're right there by my side watching me, giving me milk, motivating me, telling me how smart i am, making me feel like i am not alone in this cruel world, thank you for that because that made me a better and stronger person--" I'm already about to cry but Yeji blows on my eyes, "Don't you dare cry right in front of me" She said.

I breathed deeply, "Thank you, Yeji. Thank you for loving someone like me, i can't believe that i have someone like you, i wish the world will know how lucky i am to have someone like you, i think that's also why sometimes i don't like it when people are looking at you because i want to be selfish when it comes to you, i only want myself to know how special you are, that's the way i loved you. Thank you, thank you for teaching me how to live because right now, i am a good human being." I said while i'm smiling at her.

"Yeji, thank you for giving me future."

Yeji suddenly kissed my forehead, "Ryujin, thank you for living, be happy, that's all i want."

"I will never forget you, Hwang Yeji. Thank you for the memories we created that i will treasure the most, thank you for the memories that i will put into my heart." I said while there's a smile on my face.

Yeji hold my hand and put it her chest, "This heart of mine, i'm glad that in her last beat, it was you who's inside of it, i died loving the right person. I didn't die for nothing, i died for someone who has everything, i won in life." She said as she slowly drop my hand and step backwards, "Shin Ryujin, i am so happy right now, i'm happy to know that you are living now, continue it--" She stopped talking and she looks up into the sky,

"The sky was great, right? Please, see it tomorrow, on your own path." She said.

I also stepped backwards and says, 

"Til we meet again? Hwang Yeji."

She laughed silently, "Til we meet again, Shin Ryujin."

When i turned around, i keep on walking while i'm smiling at the sky.

*REALITY*

When i opened my eyes, the sun was already kissing my skin, i take off my ring and put it besides Yeji's picture.

I can't believe our love story was ending this way, but i'm glad it was her that i spent my life. I became dependent on her that i almost forgot that i also need to live alone, now that i'm all on my own in my life, i need to decide base on what i want, based on what makes me happy.

I walked towards Lia, "Let's go now?" I asked.

She smiled at me, 

"Sure."

*3 YEARS LATER*

LIA

"We'll be late now! Ryujin!"

I'm also tired because of our flight so why is she acting like she's the only one? This Girl keeps on giving me headache, "Sorry honey! I told you, i don't like attending parties like this, we're just gonna meet our batchmates, what's with the fuss?" Ryujin said. "Are we gonna fight about this again?" I asked.

Ryujin pulled my hand and kissed my lips, "Nope, my beautiful wife, no more fight."

One year of moving on, one year of courting me, one year since we've been together. There are no days i'm not scared that she might cry again because of Yeji because the days we're seeing each other in Alaska, i keep on seeing her crying but that didn't last longer because she was slowly moving on and i didn't notice, she's already smiling with me.

I'm always worried that what if something triggered her past memories with Yeji? Will she throw me away? Will she be in lost in her way again? Ryujin is the only one who knows that answer and i trusts her.

Ryujin's driving the car on the way to our venue and everything's fine.

After a while, the host said that they prepared a video, it was a compilation of our video when we're highschool and it was so fun, and the last thing that showed up is Ryujin's face, it was Yeji who's filming her and Yeji whispered, "Beautiful." I got scared and i saw Ryujin's face smiling, i went outside the venue.

"Let's go home now?" It was Ryujin.

"Why? Are you sad?" I asked.

"Nope, i would rather have my own time with the Girl who's in front of me because i can't take off my eyes on her, she looks so beautiful in red dress, red lips, dark eyes, she's the only woman who's in my mind right now." Ryujin kissed me and it looks like she knows what i felt,

"Don't worry about me, i'm all eyes on you." She said.

I guess i'm worrying for nothing.

"Let's eat some ramen, i'll cook for you." Ryujin said while she's pouting her lips.

"Okay, let's go home to our house now." I said while smiling at her.