Chapter 9:

Approaching the End of Summer break.
Night.
"I just wanted you to know that This was fantastic even though your parents didn't spend this much time with me, Just want to let you know I love you guys" Max gathered a family meeting in case they somehow wouldn't have the time to do it later.

'His speech is weird' Ben who stood behind the girls who were a the brink of tears eyed the whole thing suspiciously 'Max never gave a speech like this, something's up' While Max continued talking Ben eyed the whole thing like it was a case till he realised 'Max is leaving for good! How?!' At that moment his eyes betrayed him as he was completely stunned It took Max one glance for him to realize Ben knew what was going on.

After the girls slept, Max comforted Ben with his usual smile "You know I expected Gwen to figure out what would happen to me first no offence"

"Why are you leaving?" Ben found it hard to not feel anything after all the original Ben did care about him he still had traces of Ben's emotion.

"It's complicated but I overstayed my time here I'm sure you've heard of mages, warriors the supernatural aliens and the rest, but somewhere in there many years ago I met a priest who told me my fortune, I was surprisingly destined to raise an actual supreme being, who in every sense of the word was going to be a King, At first I thought it was a joke as it was in my younger days but after that meeting with the priest I stopped ageing millennium later after training countless great people I had you, you were very normal till you gained the Omnitrix." Max stopped and looked at Ben with an amazed expression.

"Even you changed, after that Bennie and Gwen now have different aura's that even I can't completely comprehend, so it's either you stole Ben's body, or your potential was somehow awoken by the Omnitrix." Ben kept quiet and listened as Max spoke, this isn't like the world he knew of, Max was somehow an envoy awaiting him, and now that he's here Max would stop existing.

"How long till you die?" Ben asked Max if he had known this would happen he would still do it so Max's death didn't truly bother him but it left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Probably the end of Summer, Luckily for me I have glimpses of random moments in the future so when you need me most one way or the other I'd be there to help But do one thing for me" Max took a pause and stared Ben in the eyes.

"Don't fall victim to the power, be responsible always think before you move or you might endanger the people you care about or your loyal subject *chuckle* take care of your cousin and twin." Max smiled and hugged Ben unknowingly Ben hugged back.

"Don't be too angry when I die" Max whispered before he walked into his room leaving Ben to think about how lightly he had taken the whole thing, 'what the fuck did I get myself into?'

Next day

"Rise and shine sleepy heads" Max yelled before he opened their door, Ben who wasn't sleeping instead watched Bennie And Gwen sleep and immediately pretended to be asleep hugging Bennie to himself.

"Bennie, Gwen wake up, Ben get some sleep" Grandpa max gave a closed eye smile as the girls woke up from his loud voice groaning Gwen jumped down from her bed while Bennie hugged him tighter and complained "But I feel so comfortable"

Time skip

"Today we will be visiting the zoo," Max told the kids white his usual closed-eye smile, Ben has been unresponsive ever since the conversation with Max, he didn't know why but he guessed it was because he still felt all of the actual Ben's emotions and right now all he felt was heartache.

'I can stop it right?' He questioned himself, he reasoned it was a side effect of his wishes but it was too late to take it back, he doubted he would by himself, while he thought he listened in on Max's speech "As a king, you'd have to protect every person, from your queens to knight to even pawns each one of them has their use but in the same way he must be ready to lose some pieces for the final goal"