Chapter Ten: Kiss This

It was late in the evening, Robin had finished her shift but someone that was supposed to work part of the next didn't show. So she had to cover for them and close up. Which frustrated Lexi, who had been stalking the video store the entire time. "Do they do this often?" Lexi was outside of the building when she said this but Robin could hear her. Sighing, Robin nodded in the direction Lexi was. She could see her from her place behind the counter. "Ridiculous." Robin shrugged as she began putting away the recent titles that had been returned. The bell dinging as a new customer entered had Robin walking back toward the front.

"Welcome to Family Video." Her voice was kind as she smiled. It wasn't until she saw who the girl was that her smile faded. Shocked at the person who had entered.

"Hey!" The girl's voice was slightly shrill but she knew that voice anywhere. The girl looked at her, cocking her head to the side slightly. "Everything okay?" Robin had to shake herself back to reality. Lexi was trying to keep a close eye on the conversation. She could tell that Robin was getting flustered.

"Yeah, sorry. How've you been? How'd Nashville go?" Robin asked, the little school girl's crush regrowing as she shyly looked at the redhead. The smile on the girl's lips faded as she sighed.

"Oh, I never went." Robin looked at her in disbelief.

"What, why? You sound amazing!" The girl's blue eyes slowly peeked over at Robin's gaze. She was suddenly nervous and Lexi walked a little closer to the front of the store.

"Oh, thanks... I just, I don't think I sounded good enough for the talent scouts." It took Robin a minute but she realized that the girl had most likely tried to go but it seemed as though Steve might have been right. Robin frowned.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up. I'm Robin, you probably don't remember me..." The girl shook her head and slowly smiled as her cheeks began to tint a shade of pink.

"No, Robin. I do. I can't believe you remember me?" The disbelief on Robin's face was massive. It seemed like her heart was on fire. Suddenly it began to beat faster than even a vampire. She was starting to lose control a bit and Lexi was ready to pounce.

"No way. How I could forget you! We had fifth period together. You were always staring at Steve." Robin rolled her eyes and laughed. Stopping in her tracks, the girl looked at Robin with her brows together.

"What? No way! Steve was so annoying. Always gawking at every girl that walked by, full of himself! I'd never look at him." Robin didn't disagree but she felt bad thinking that way about him now. Considering how much he had grown since that idiot boy in school.

"Tammy... Are you sure?" Tammy nodded.

"I don't even like guys." She leaned in to whisper it to Robin. Suddenly, the room felt like it was spinning. Robin felt herself starting to lose all vision. She was feeling light-headed, if she had been human she would have passed out. It was entirely a shock to Robin. She remembered all the men that Tammy had dated over the years. It was completely shocking to hear that the girl she had crushed on for so long. Actually, liked women too?

"Are you serious?" Robin looked at her in disbelief. Tammy's expression changed as she started to fear that Robin might judge her. She didn't know Robin very well, so sharing such a personal thing might have been a mistake.

"Uh, yeah... I promise I'm not weird!" Trying to recover her image, Robin shook her head.

"No, I just didn't realize you were into girls too." Tammy stared at Robin like a deer in headlights. It struck her that Robin was also a lesbian. What were the odds of finding another lesbian in Hawkins, Indiana?