Chapter Eleven: Not A Social Call

It had been just over a week when Lexi finally received a call from Marcel. The two were uncertain about details but Marcel was insisting on coming to Hawkins and discussing everything in person. Lexi wasn't going to disagree with him, he seemed very insistent about it. So as time began to fly by, she awaited the arrival of the New Orleans leader to make his debut in Hawkins, Indiana. Though as the days passed, Lexi began to grow agitated wanting to understand what it was Marcel had learned. As well as, why it was so important that he wanted to discuss it in person.

"Welcome to Fam-. Oh, hey." Steve sighed as Lexi entered and the bell made a resounding ding above her head. Lexi walked over with her hands pressed onto her hips.

"That's not a very nice way to greet a paying customer." Steve's eyes rotated as they rolled in annoyance.

"Paying? I think we both know that's not true." A smirk fell across his lips. Lexi smirked back.

"Honestly, Harrington, single you is kinda hotter than the other version." Stepping back and lifted his hands.

"I am not even responding to that." Her smirk still presents she nodded.

"Smart guy." Another voice broke through.

"Steve, smart? Do those two words belong together?" Robin scoffed and Lexi laughed.

"Look, I'm dealing with enough. Can we pick on Keith instead?" Robin rolled her eyes. Keith grumbled from the back room.

"I can hear you, Harrington!"

"Uh, yeah. That's the point..." Rolling his eyes he leaned against the counter. "What do you want?" Lexi opened her mouth in disbelief.

"I'm on your side remember." He shook his head. "Seriously. You need to relax or something. Why don't we grab a drink after you get off work?" Robin nodded with a smile.

"I love that idea." Once again, Steve began to shake his head.

"I think you guys are forgetting that we're both underage." His eyes went to Robin who scoffed.

"Yeah but I can compel them." Looking away from her, he raised his eyebrows and shook his head.

"Fine but I'm not. My birthday's literally two weeks away, less actually. I'm not that desperate." Lexi looked at him.

"Your birthday is coming up?" A light bulb went off in her eyes and Steve's eyes began to widen.

"No, no. Uh, I meant... It was two weeks ago." Lexi shook her head.

"Nice try, Harrington. Robin, we're planning something!" Robin smiled and slapped Steve on the back. Causing him to bounce forward.

"Can't wait, we'll really make it terrible." Robin joked and Lexi giggled. Steve continued shaking his head.

"Look, I don't want to do anything. I just want to stay at home, in my bed, and think about all of the stupid shit I've done." Robin rolled her eyes.

"No, you're going to go out with us for drinks. Then you can sob later but I am getting you drunk!" With a sigh and another shake of his head. Lexi pressed her palm against the counter, slapping it slightly. Steve jumped. "You hear that, Harrington? Drunk!" Steve turned away from her. "Answer me!"

"Yeah, yeah." Robin smiled and stepped over the counter.

"It's the 24th, so we can plan when we get back home." Lexi nodded.

"Alright, behave until then. I'll work on Emma." With a nod, the two departed. Steve turned back to Robin curiously.

"Please don't. I really don't want to think about the fact I'm a year older..." Robin's eyes circled the counter and then to him.