22

Friday after class, Sunghoon walks towards his house.  But he frowns when he hears footsteps coming.  He then stops and looks back.  "What do you want now?"  He asks in frustration.  Jungwon stops in front of him, panting.  "Ah.. it's not easy to catch up with you.." He said out of breath.  "You don't need either. If you want to tell me the same thing as last time, forget it. You know my answer."  Sunghoon speaks.

He waits for Jungwon to straighten up to look at him.  "Hyung.. I really need you to listen to me."  He says and the other sighs.  "Say it quickly."  He asks and tries his best to avoid his gaze, he doesn't want to fall in love with him again.  "I want to start by apologizing. Hyung I'm so sorry.. I really didn't want to disappoint you. I could say it as many times as you want."

"The mean, cold person with all the worst flaws is supposed to represent me to you. But it's quite the opposite. Ah.. I just want to be able to erase all these bad memories, and start all over again. I regret this so much. But Hyung.. I'll never forget our memories, both of us. I think those were.. the best times. I can't believe it's over."  Jungwon pauses for a short while, sniffling.

"I'm really sorry for disappointing you hyung."  He can no longer hold back his tears and places his hand in front of his face.  Sunghoon doesn't like seeing him like that, but he doesn't change his face.  "Is it over now?"  He asks after a while looking at him.  Jungwon raises his head towards him, checking if he really doesn't have any feelings for him.  No smile, no sadness.  Only a little anger.

Sunghoon stares at the younger's bright eyes, a little too long.  Oh no that's not true!  His heart begins to beat harder, tearing at the sight.  "But Hyung.. I just want to."  Jungwon speaks and then he gets pushed.  "It's the last time I tell you, it's over between us! Don't you understand when I say that!!?"  Sunghoon asks in frustration, he doesn't deny that his heart hurts.  He's so mean to him.

Jungwon just stares at him, tears still falling from his eyes.  Sunghoon looks at him one last time before continuing on his way, not wanting to see him any longer.  But when he is in his room, his sadness only increases.  He sits on his bed and runs his hands through his hair, crying silently.  Why is he doing this to poor Jungwon who wants to apologize?

He didn't do anything wrong, just the opposite.  Sunghoon knows how much Jungwon loves him.  He does his best to tell him about his feelings, he just wants to find him.  But instead, he is rejected.  Sunghoon loves him so much too, but he dares not accept him.  He remains suspicious.  Jungwon doesn't seem like a bad person, or rather, he isn't.  He doesn't deserve to be rejected.  Sunghoon doesn't know why he's doing this, but it breaks his own heart.

On Monday, they did as planned, leaving the rest of their group.  Taki and Niki left the clan, even after being fought over.  It was the best thing to do.  Jake and Sunoo confessed that they were hanging out with enemy clan 'members'.  Of course, they were angry.  Especially Heeseung and Jay.  They didn't accept and didn't want to.  But both did it anyway.  They don't mind.

The new friends group of six eat together, everything went according to plan.  They are really happy to be together.  Lunch was fun with lots of laughs.  It was more than fun.  No more anger between them, now friends.  After lunch, Jake is at his locker.  His two friends arrive and he receives a blow on the back.  "Hey Jake! Didn't you say we were best friends!?"

Jay is frustrated with what he has done.  "Yeah, we are, right?"  Jake says and smiles, not quite sure.  "After you left with our enemies? Of course not!! What's going on in your head!? Sunoo and you! Everything was fine when Sunghoon came back. But of course you had to do a betrayal!!  What is your problem!?"  Jay asks frustrated.

Jake looks at the two who were angry.  "Look, we really should stop. What if there were no more enemies?"  "NO! Damn Jake!! Are you going to trust them after all they've done!? They made us suffer!! They're monsters and they won't change!!"  Jay speaks, scaring the other.  Jake shakes his head painfully.  "That's not it at all. Sunghoon! Do you remember how Jungwon was with you?"  He asks.

"It was just comedy. A trick and I know it. It's not him."  Sunghoon said with a frown.  "You're wrong. Now that I know him, I know he's a good person. I'm telling you. It was rather his bad habits that didn't represent him. He's nice! He proved it to you  You can't say I'm wrong."  Jake said, hopefully.  He looks at the other who seems to be thinking.

Jake continues to watch him, waiting for his response.  Then he is hustling.  "You say nonsense. Go join him if you think you know him so well!"  Jay speaks suddenly.  Jake looks at the frustrated older one.  He frowns and walks away.  Before leaving completely, he notices Sunghoon's sad look.  Then he leaves, only to take a walk before class.

---

The next chapter is the last. I really hope you'll like it!! 😚💖💖