Chapter 5 *Edited*

A/N: Edited 05/12/2023 or 12/05/2023

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you woke up officially and not in quick seconds or even a minute it was a couple of weeks later and, you felt like utter shit. You had a pounding headache and you swore everything was louder than normal. Sensitive ears were no joke. You had to give it to Tengen for adapting to his surroundings the way he did. He can hear people's heartbeats clear as day. 

"Why is everything spinning." You sat up slowly with closed eyes since the room kept spinning. This was not the way you wanted to wake up and, it had to be the remnants of the poison in your system. You're not dead so that means Shinobu had saved you. "I might vomit." You were focused on not vomiting that you jolted when a basket was pressed below your face. 

"Just in case you do vomit." You turned to look at Gyomei who was smiling kindly at you. You didn't even hear him come in. You went to say something but, as expected you did vomit thanking Gyomei for being so thoughtful and, giving you the basin. You didn't want your stomach content to be cleaned up. "You still seem to be sick. You need to lay back down, Kocho-San will be here any minute." You blamed it on your state of mind but, you found yourself climbing into his lap. He was surprised but, didn't stop you from curling up in his lap. 

"Stay, please...Safe." You snuggled into his chest resting your head there, wrapping an arm around his neck and, your free hand holding his hand that he had placed on your stomach to hold you lightly.

"I will stay and be here when you wake up again. I promise." You had fallen asleep instantly and, a few minutes later Shinobu came in followed by Tomioka and Rengoku-San. 

"Well, why don't we look at this." Normally she would be teasing anyone else relentlessly but, Gyomei wasn't just anyone. She respected and cared for him on a different level. "I can administer her medicine still so, no need to move." Gyomei hummed acknowledging her before turning to Tomioka and Rengoku.

"Tomioka-San and Rengoku-San. I'm assuming you're here to see L/N-San?" He shifted the slightest bit so he can hold her head while Shinobu administered an oral medicine to keep her from choking. He still had the bin in case she needed to use it again. 

"She looks pale." Rengoku was using a low voice not wanting to startle her awake. Tomioka was just staring at her taking her in. He was impressed and, worried. He didn't like the burns. 

"Where did her burns come from?" Tomioka had to go on a mission after Uzui had brought her back unconscious. So, he wasn't made aware of the extent of her injuries. Thankfully, Shinobu was able to answer his unspoken question 

"It's spider venom and, the claws on her side were actually what poisoned her despite her thigh from where the spikes were turning purple. It turned purple because the tissues were bruising before eventually dying but, thankfully I was able to prevent that. She has a lot of bruising as well as a couple of cracked ribs that are halfway healed." They all had to wait for her to wake up to get the full story. 

"Were those injuries from the lower moons fight or before?" Shinobu hummed a bit. 

"More likely all from the lower moon fight. Her stamina was low though so her previous mission at most tired her out." They all were trying to figure out how and why three lower moons were together and, decided to attack. 

"It was more than three." You caught them off guard with your voice ignoring the slight tightening of Gyomei's arms around you. Your voice was raspy so Kyojuro got a glass of water and pressed it to your lips gently coaxing you to drink. He wiped your mouth of the little bit that escaped and, sat back down this time much closer. "It was eleven" The sharp intake of breath was enough for you to swallow and get your bearings. Why were you so sleepy? "Lower Moon 5 had his family so that was nine. One of them threw trees the way we throw pebbles." You talked a little bit more about what happened while subtly trying to move from Gyomei's lap but, he wasn't having it with the way he was tightening his hold on you. All well. He is comfy.