Chapter 6 *Edited*

A/N: Implied/Referenced Rape and child trafficking toward the last part of the chapter. You need a tragic background to match the demon slayer vibe.

A/N: Edited 05/12/2023 or 12/05/2023

---------------------------------------------------------

The atmosphere was tense as the old man your old trainer glared at you trying to figure out who the hell you were. 

"I don't know who the hell you are but, I don't care. Get off my property." He stumbled a bit and, in a flash you were in front of him snatching the sake bottle from him with a grim look. 

"You really don't remember me Rengoku-San? The little girl you saved? The one you trained in secret? The one who you taught about sun and flame breathing? The one who you helped with her new breathing?" You tilted your head at him as he squinted up at you. His eyes widen slightly before narrowing again. You were about to say something when the breath was knocked out of you from a punch to the gut. Right in your ribs. 

"FATHER!" You heard Kyojuro's indignant scream but, you held up a hand signaling for him not to come any farther. He needed to comfort Senjuro. You stood straight up snorting a bit at the way the man was glaring at you. He was so deep in his rage and grief that he couldn't see straight.

"Of course, I remember you but, that still doesn't change my mind. Get the fuck off of my property." He took another swig of his sake but, this time he dropped it and, was winded as you punched him back in the gut. 

"GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SHINJURO!" The punch was hard enough to knock him out momentarily. Your ribs hurt but, you turned to Kyojuro with a stern look "Kyojuro darling, please clean up his bottles. He will not need them anymore. I will put him inside and, Senjuro you can do whatever you want to feel better." You looked at the two of them as they slowly made their way inside eyes never leaving your frame. Huffing you picked up Shinjuro slinging him onto your shoulders to bring him to the living room. You placed him gently on the floor noticing how greasy his hair was and, his grey yukata was stained. He was going to shower once he woke back up. 

"...Did she really just punch Dad?" You listened in on Senjuro and Kyojuro talking lowly for once. 

"Yes, she did. They both clearly know each other but, the punch caught me off guard. It was a little funny though." They both snorted before coming back into the living room. Senjuro gave one look at you, bowed, and disappeared to his room. You kind of figured whatever was going down had nothing to do with you. 

"I'm sorry for punching your dad...He just upset me because this is not the same man who I looked up to. Who taught me so much." You were perplexed as to how this happened. You looked around the house and, the pictures of Ruka were no longer. The house lacked the touch of a woman. You put two and two together. You looked at Kyojuro with a sad smile bowing to him a bit "I am truly sorry for the loss of your mother." His eyes widen, jaw going slack a bit. You guessed he didn't expect you to figure that out as fast as you did. You're not a Hashira for no reason and, well, your past definitely helped you to read people and the room.

"How did you...Wow." He looked down with a sad smile, eyes going to his father's still frame. "I never wanted anyone to find out what happened to my dad...I was ashamed. I wanted to keep up his image. He got like this after my mother died." You thought about how he always complimented his dad, how he always claimed his dad was the best. How sometimes he would come back with little scratches on his hands and face that were not from a mission. You always figured something was wrong with Shinjuro but, you didn't think it was this. 

"I'm going to talk to him. I need to see for myself. Hear from his own mouth. You can stay or if it would be too much for you, you can snoop like Senjuro is doing." You smirked at him turning around to see Senjuro peeking around a corner making a noise at being caught. You giggled finding him quite adorable. Kyojuro also saw him finding it quite amusing.