Chapter 8 *Edited*

A/N: Edited 05/28/2023 or 28/05/2023

-------------------------------------------------------------

You had woken up confused as to all hell what was going on. You don't remember anything except that you went on a mission. You don't know anything else. You forced your eyes open only to close them again since the sun went right into your eyeball. You turned your head slowly away from the window, the movement making you a bit disoriented but, you opened your eyes to a sight. In front of you, well technically beside you on a futon was Kyojuro. He had a decorative eye patch and he looked fine. He didn't seem to be hurt at all. You glanced down to see he had a grip on your hand which was fine. You took a few seconds to observe him but, you coughed making you whine a bit at the pain on your side. It woke him up because that one eye opened wide to stare directly into yours. He blinked before bringing your hand up to his lips to kiss.

"You're awake." He looked at you for a little longer until you coughed again spurring him to get water. "I got you, it's okay. Drink it slowly." You noticed he was talking softly and was being soft with you but, your brain wasn't comprehending anything. You were just going with the flow. 

"Ow." Your side was pulling and, it was making you a little nauseous. 

"Don't strain yourself. Here." He held you up with one arm as he arranged pillows with his other for you to lean against. Once you were propped up, you were able to drink the water easier. You had closed your eyes resting your head praying the water will stay down feeling his stare on you.

"I'm glad you're okay Kyo." You were genuinely glad that he was okay. He said nothing but, you heard him leave. Probably to go get Shinobu or one of the butterfly girls. You were teetering between sleep when you felt fingers prodding your sides. You turned viciously ignoring the way your world spun to see who was grabbing you with such force. It was Shinobu. 

"I'm sorry but, I have to check." You looked at her neutrally as she worked even though you were twitching and, wanted her to stop touching the ouchie spot. She was helping you though so you sat through it. "I'm all done. I will inform the others that you're awake." She refused to meet your eye and, had left. Kyojuro was back but, wasn't looking at you. He was holding your hand staring at it while running his thumb across your knuckles. You felt like you did something wrong as you racked your brain. You guys won. You almost died yes, it was a miracle you were alive but, you guys won. The fourth strongest demon in existence is dead, no doubt Muzan was looking for a replacement but, you won.

"You were out for five weeks and 6 days. Almost six weeks. Your heart stopped one time but, Shinobu was able to restart it. A lot has happened in the last weeks." You wanted to interrupt but, you felt it wouldn't be right to do so right now. "Uzui-San retired after fighting and defeating Uppermoon 6." You were surprised. Tengen retired? What injuries did he sustain to make him retire? That makes two upper moons dead now. All lower moons were gone too."He lost his eye and hand. Kamado, boar head kid, and yellow head are all healed and, taking it slow with training." He hasn't looked at you since he started speaking. His voice was monotone. You didn't like it. 

"Why you're not looking at me?" You didn't like that he wasn't looking at you. That wasn't Kyojuro. Finally, after a breath, he looked up and, you saw nothing but pain and turmoil. You went to say something but, you heard the others coming so he separated your hands and, moved a bit away from you. You ignored the pang of rejection in your chest in order to pay attention to the rambunctious boys.

"Y/N-CHAN!" Tanjiro and Inosuke were the first ones to grab you with Zenitsu right behind you. However, Inosuke's knee somehow ended up right where you got punched through and through. Stars clouded your vision as you tilted completely sideways with a high-pitched whine sound.