Chapter 10

A/N: You'll notice I follow the storyline but, it'll still be canon divergence

------------------------------------------------------

You never thought you would see the day where you would have to be training new demon slayers as a Hashira. It was both stressful and exhilarating. You ended up calming down Sanemi since he had a horrible temper and, without hesitation would toss the demon slayers left and right throwing insults at them. Even though Tengen was retired he still participated in the training which was fun to see since most of the demon slayers were underestimating him. 

"What does my missing eye and hand have to do with anything?" An anger line went across his temple as he stared at the Kinoto. The Kinoto at least had the decency to shrink back but, he was still bold. 

"That means you're at half your power. You have a disadvantage which means we can beat you. You're no longer a Hashira." You felt both your eyes twitch and before you can make a move the Kinoto was gasping for air and, Tengen was holding him down with two fingers. Just two.

"That arrogance is exactly why you would never become anything more than a Kinoto. The Hashira can be arrogant at times because we worked hard to earn that title. We still know our limitations. Clearly, you do not." You took a breath glad that you didn't step in, not that any of your pillars would need you to step in. Your pillars. Since when did you start referencing them as yours? All well. You watched Tengen get off the kinoto after watching him squirm, sweat, and turn red and order them to get in formation. You were going to leave them alone but, not before running a hand through his hair. 

"I still think you're perfect." He glanced up at you with a sweet smile, the apples of his cheeks turning pink. It made him look pretty. You let him be as you went to see what Mitsuri was doing. You were the first Hashira along with Giyu and Kyojuro to do the training so, now the three of you had free reign to watch over the other Hashira. Kyojuro and Giyu were doing whatever while you were just going to see everyone. As expected everyone enjoyed her bubbly personality but, that was about it. Her training was as vigorous as everyone else's. 

"L/N-Chan! Would you like to join me?" You blinked at her and, shrugged. Why not show off your bendy skills? Inosuke, Mitsuri, and yourself were the most flexible out of everyone. You did crazy stretches and, jumps finding amusement in the demon slayer's flabbergasted expressions. You stood for a while before deciding to help out Shinobu. She didn't like being a part of the training arc instead working on medicines and poisons. Shinobu wasn't close with you. You wish she was or maybe she was just reserved. That seemed more likely. 

"You're hovering L/N." You blinked not noticing how your body brought you inside the butterfly mansion seeking out Shinobu. You rubbed the back of your neck going with honesty 

"I wasn't planning on coming in here it just happened." You chose to go inside her lab and, sit in the corner out of the way. You knew how she get when it came to her studies and, she was extremely smart as well. 

"Well, as long as you don't get in my way you can stay." That's exactly what you did. You stayed put and, just watched her work. She was working on poisons for Muzan. Something her and Tamayo were coming together as Tanjiro collected blood from the demons. You wanted to converse with her but, she was busy. That was more important than distracting her with the need to hear her voice. "Is there something you want to say?" You looked over at her and, she was looking into a microscope with a light smile on her face. You couldn't tell from this angle if it was one of the fake ones she always wore or if she was genuinely content with what she was doing. 

"I really don't have anything in mind to say. I just wanted to hear your voice but, I don't want to distract you from what you're doing." She hummed and it was quiet for a few minutes before she spoke up again.