3

After the school day ended, Albedo speedily walked home.

Alice, his mother, called prior to warn Albedo that she'd be leaving Klee alone for ten minutes before Albedo got home, she had an unexpected work meeting to attend, so she left the responsibility of Klee to Albedo. Obviously, after what had happened earlier, Kaeya was still on Albedo's mind, and it had him thinking if Klee would like Kaeya.

What if Albedo invited Kaeya over? When they got closer, perhaps. Albedo brushed his thoughts aside as he unlocked the front door, walking into a bouncing Klee, "Big brother Albedo!" She giggled, twirling around to wrap her arms around his legs, she was still quite small for her age.

"Hello, Klee." Albedo took the opportunity to fix Klee's pigtails, "Are you hungry?"

She finally let go, stepping back, "Hmmm... Mom made food already, but can I have apple sauce? Pleaaaase?"

Albedo giggled and sighed, leaving Klee to run to the couch, he took the jar of apple sauce from the fridge. With some struggle, he opened the lid, leaving the sauce to sit for a bit.

That was until Albedo heard a notification from his phone. That was odd, he didn't have any social media and the only people who had his number were family and Sucrose, and she didn't get home yet nor ever text him.

Albedo reached for his phone, clicking the screen to see a message from a number he hadn't saved.

'hey! :)'

Albedo stared at the message in confusion, slowly typing out a hesitant reply.

'Hi? Who's this?'

A few replies came soon after.

'formal over text, too? its kaeya'

'i got your number from sucrose'

Albedo's eyebrows furrowed, Sucrose never gave his number away, Albedo could only guess that Kaeya must've hit on Sucrose to get this information out of her, he sighed and put his phone back into his pocket.

Albedo reached up, taking a plastic bowl and then digging in the drawer for a spoon of the same material, he knew he couldn't make Klee wait any longer. He put some of the apple sauce in a bowl, walking over to hand it over.

"Yaaay! Thank you!" Klee gratefully accepted, leaving Albedo with his thoughts once again.

Ding

Was that him again?

Albedo involuntarily checked, noticing it was in fact a message from Kaeya, again.

'no reply?'

He bit his lip and typed back.

'How did you convince Sucrose?'

...

'i just asked, do you really think i pulled something weird?'

'I suppose not.'

Albedo nearly put his phone away again, although Kaeya seemed insanely persistent to hold the conversation, Albedo thought that, at least. 

'wanna hang out sometime?'

...What? Albedo thought he was joking at first, he wondered if Kaeya would just stand him up, he was well known and had all these friends, yet he was asking to hang out with Albedo? He gave it a thought, he might as well see what Kaeya's personality is all about, he only really knew him for his looks.

'Okay.'

'are you free tomorrow? we can go and get coffee at 12, perhaps go to the local?'