8

It wasn't long until Albedo figured out that Kaeya and Sucrose were just not happening.

Kaeya and Albedo both ended up getting elected for the student council, but Sucrose did not, and she found that fairly upsetting just because she wouldn't be able to see her crush during lunch. 

The two boys now ate lunch together every day in the student council room, Albedo trying to contain his crush whilst also having to see him every day was definitely an experience, an overwhelming sensation with his feelings.

The weekend date they planned did happen, Sucrose thought it went well whilst Kaeya didn't have a lot to say about it to Albedo. Sucrose explained what happened over a phone call the day after their date:

'So, he picked me up from my house in his really nice car, and then took me out for seafood. Do you know that really nice seafood place by the harbor?'

Albedo did know that place, as it was his favorite place to go, he had told Kaeya that during their Thursday lunch, Albedo didn't even want to know why he took Sucrose to Albedo's favorite place. 

"I do," He replied.

'He took me there! He let me get whatever I wanted, he actually spoke to me a lot more this time, he flinched a bit when I tried holding his hand but I suppose he's just nervous.' Sucrose explained excitedly, Albedo internally dying.

" Oh, so it went well?"

'I think so! I was hoping he'd kiss me when he dropped me back home, but he didn't... Maybe a second date would do the charm?'

Albedo paused, it actually went amazingly and Kaeya would finally be off of him? It wasn't like he found Kaeya annoying or anything, it was strange; he wanted Kaeya to like him, although he didn't want to figure out his own feelings. He wondered how Kaeya managed to establish his crush on Albedo, it was something he was envious of.

He knew he liked Kaeya, would he accept that, however? No. "You've set up a second date already?"

'No, he didn't suggest it... I'm starting to think he isn't interested...'

Ah. Never mind, perhaps Albedo would have to in fact end up sorting himself out and accept himself for who he is, and it suddenly struck him.

He took a breath in, "Sucrose, can I tell you something?"

'Sure, is it about Kaeya?'

Albedo sat there for a few seconds quietly, mentally preparing himself for what he was about to confess, "Yeah. This is serious, though."

'...Okay, I'm listening.'

"Alright. Uh. I think I don't like girls in that kind of way." Albedo corrected himself, "No, I don't think, I know I don't."

Sucrose's heart sped up, she didn't expect this, she just thought that Albedo didn't bother with crushes, not that he liked the same gender, 'What?'

"I like boys."

'Romantically? You're gay?'

"...Yeah." It felt so good to finally say, Albedo had never admitted it to anyone, not even himself - telling someone else about something he was unsure about, he finally realized that he was in fact gay, he just needed to talk about it with someone.

'And...' Sucrose began to piece everything together, a small shuffling sound coming from her end of the phone line as she sat up in shock. 'You like Kaeya?'

Albedo felt a tear slip from his eyes, he was crying as he internally cursed himself, "I'm sorry. I have for years, I thought if I set him up with you, all my feelings would go away," Albedo took a shaky breath in, "There's also something else about Kaeya I should tell you, but please promise to tell no one this, or anything else I said."

'I promise, just because you like the guy I like doesn't mean I'd expose you.' Sucrose smiled to herself, 'You can have him. I'm only just realizing now that he probably likes you too.'

"Thank you, I'm glad you said that because he does in fact like me back."

'Did he tell you?'

"No, his brother did. He's liked me for a few years, supposedly." Albedo's tears began to stop, his sobs threatening to become audible finally paused, and all Albedo could do is take in the breeze from his bedroom window as he felt a sense of freedom, "I only started to see it after I was told he liked me, I didn't see it before, but he has a certain look in his eyes, y'know?"

'I know. I've seen it. I was in denial at first.' Sucrose admitted, 'Are you going to tell him how you feel?'

"I don't know... This conversation has helped me realize my feelings a bit more but I think I still need some more time to really establish my feelings." 

'I'll help you some more, do you ever think about dating him?'

"Yeah."

'How often do you think of him?'

"Pretty often, and... I've never really told anyone this before, only Kaeya; I draw him so often. The back of my chemistry notebook is flooded with sketches of him." Albedo flushed at the sound of awe Sucrose made.

'Awwwhh! Also, did anything romantic happen when you two saw each other last week?'

"Now that I think about it properly, yeah. He- Um," Albedo felt his cheeks go warm as the memories recollected, "Kaeya kept holding my hand anytime we walked, and even in the cafe he'd hold my hand before our drinks would arrive."

'You're like a thirteen-year-old when you gush about hand holding, this is so cute.' Sucrose laughed, 'Talking about all of this, how do you feel right now?'

Albedo's mouth went dry, only the truth being available, "I want to date him, I really, really like him." Albedo didn't know that his personal feelings could be unpuzzled this easily.

'See? Not that difficult, now let me ask you again,' Sucrose cleared her throat, 'Are you going to tell him that you like him?'

Albedo wanted to, as soon as possible, as if Kaeya would randomly lose years of feelings. He knew that wasn't a realistic thing as of right now, but the possibility was never zero. "Maybe. How would I tell him and when?"

'You have the student council room to yourself when you have lunch, right? Tell him then.'

"...So tomorrow? What do I say?"

'Sit him down, talk to him like how you spoke to me when you were telling me you like boys.' Albedo thought about it, that could be good, if he just removed the crying, it could work.

"Alright, thank you for your help. But wait, It's still the morning so maybe I could text him to hang out today and tell him then?"

'Amazing idea, tell me how it goes!'